The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Devils put up 8 goals on Carolina, this one isn't over yet.  The Hughes brothers tore it up :clap:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Devils put up 8 goals on Carolina, this one isn't over yet.  The Hughes brothers tore it up :clap:

Carolina needs to take more penalties.  :tongue:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Congrats, you didn't finish dead last and you still won Bedard!

All that stress at the end of the season was irrelevant.   :smoke:  

• Like 2

In the second round in game three, after Toronto lost 3-2 in overtime, last night, Toronto played game four in Florida, and they won 2-1.  Now, they cut the series to 3-1.  With game five in Toronto on Fri., it's taking one game at a time.

• Like 2

Amazingly enough, I'm gaining more respect for Mark Stone with his post-game interviews, still pulling for the Oilers though. And Pietrangelo, what is he thinking? I don't care how much Edmonton is physical with him. You don't slash a guy and possibly find yourself on the side-line for the next games in the series. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 8:07 PM, blackhawkrush said:

All that stress at the end of the season was irrelevant.   :smoke:  

It's rigged! Third largest TV market and all . . .grumble . . . murmur . . . dissent . . . 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Amazingly enough, I'm gaining more respect for Mark Stone with his post-game interviews, still pulling for the Oilers though. And Pietrangelo, what is he thinking? I don't care how much Edmonton is physical with him. You don't slash a guy and possibly find yourself on the side-line for the next games in the series. 

Between Evander and Nurse, the Oil have been pretty chippy and too quick to take shots.  This is going to continue to be a rough one. Since Nurse is going to miss a game too guess they will call it even.

Pavelski is fun to watch even though I don't really like the Stars.  Will see how it goes Saturday in Seattle.

Canes won, too bad was enjoying the Hughes brothers.

Just glad hockey is still on so I can stay away from the noise on the news for a few hours each day.  :smile:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

It's rigged! Third largest TV market and all . . .grumble . . . murmur . . . dissent . . . 

Funny, I would have said it was rigged had the Hawks didn't get the first pick.  :wink:

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 11:04 PM, Derek19 said:

In the second round in game three, after Toronto lost 3-2 in overtime, last night, Toronto played game four in Florida, and they won 2-1.  Now, they cut the series to 3-1.  With game five in Toronto on Fri., it's taking one game at a time.

Leafs are down two goals early.  Looks like this may be the end of the road

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, goose said:

Leafs are down two goals early.  Looks like this may be the end of the road

But wait...a glimmer of hope

• Like 1

Tkachuk is one of the Hart finalists, he's been a sparkplug for the Panthers for sure.  Leafs are trying...:hockey1:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, barney_rebel said:

We stink man

Anyone can have a bad 56 years.

• Haha 2

In game five, in Toronto, Toronto lost 3-2 in overtime, last night.  Toronto, lost the series 4-1.  When Toronto, were trailing 2-1, Morgan Rielly, looked like he did score another goal to potentially tie it 2-2 before William Nylander, tied it 2-2, but the whistle was blown by the referee prior to the puck crossing the goal line because he lost sight of it.  Right now, no matter how the series turned out, this one stings.  During the season, there are positives, and more optimism to take out of it like able to make it into the second round.  If there will be changes, and how, or what kind there will be, right now, at this point, no one knows.  For people, and anyone else, who are living anywhere in Ontario, and not in Ontario, who think they are Toronto Maple Leafs' fans, and on their bandwagon with hope, faith, and patience, but now, don't, and haven't, then they weren't dedicated to them.  For the ones, who are, and have been like myself, just continue to be, and remain positive, and optimistic through thick, and thin.  It's definitely not the end of the world.       

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

The playoffs are not going well for my bandwagon teams: the Leafs are out; in another thread, the Lakers have won; maybe it's just time to tune out.

I see the NFL schedules are available!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned