The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

Saw what you did there...:laugh:  Clever    Looks like Kane got another goal for the Rangers (seizures notwithstanding :wink:)

Yeah, but the Jackets lost to the Blues, so it's back to the drawing board.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

That reminds me, prayers for Bill Shatner.  :sad: 

I saw the story where he said he didn't have long to live but I don't think he's ill.  He's just saying at 91 he knows his days could be short.  Still doesn't hurt to pray for him.  Sad for him to have skipped Nimoy's funeral though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

I saw the story where he said he didn't have long to live but I don't think he's ill.  He's just saying at 91 he knows his days could be short.  Still doesn't hurt to pray for him.  Sad for him to have skipped Nimoy's funeral though.

I should've read the article and not stop at the headline.  :blush: 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:09 PM, blueschica said:

:cheer:

Sorry, bhr, how inappropriate!  I thought the Hawks were winning.  My eyes are crossed a lot of times these days after I spend the day with my mom.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, blueschica said:

Sorry, bhr, how inappropriate!  I thought the Hawks were winning.  My eyes are crossed a lot of times these days after I spend the day with my mom.  

No, that's all right. We want them to lose.  :thumbsup:  That Penguins-Rangers game yesterday got a little rough. Two more this week... :rose:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

No, that's all right. We want them to lose.  :thumbsup:  That Penguins-Rangers game yesterday got a little rough. Two more this week... :rose:

Yeah, nice to see Letang get the OT winner! I always worry for him a little since I figure he has to be on stroke medications.  Pen's coach Sullivan got his 400th career win on Saturday against Philly, which was nice to see.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Avalanche 5 Hawks 0  :smile: I'm waiting to finally give Rhyta a 'like' regarding the Avalanche. :popcorn: 24-40-6 

Ok, here's your chance...:wink: With this win, Avs move into second in the Central division.  Injury bug is still biting, Makar sat this one out as precautionary measure and in the 2nd Rodrigues took a hit to the head and didn't play the rest of the game.  It is really impressive how the team keeps winning with so many injuries..have used 34 players to cover for missing guys this season. :huh:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Ok, here's your chance...:wink: With this win, Avs move into second in the Central division.  Injury bug is still biting, Makar sat this one out as precautionary measure and in the 2nd Rodrigues took a hit to the head and didn't play the rest of the game.  It is really impressive how the team keeps winning with so many injuries..have used 34 players to cover for missing guys this season. :huh:

I particularly liked the Rodrigues...er, second in the Central division bit. 

• Like 1

So it's not bad enough that the NBA kisses China's ass, now the NHL has decided to follow Russian laws.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35920976/chicago-blackhawks-wear-pride-themed-jerseys

Not sorry if this seems political, but feel free to delete or ignore. Just wanted to express disappointment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

So it's not bad enough that the NBA kisses China's ass, now the NHL has decided to follow Russian laws.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35920976/chicago-blackhawks-wear-pride-themed-jerseys

Not sorry if this seems political, but feel free to delete or ignore. Just wanted to express disappointment.

I was concerned when I saw this but after reading the reasons, it makes some sense.  Russian players could be targeted for their actions when they return home to Russia to visit.  Kaprizov of the Wild had troubles while he went home over the summer break, the team was concerned he was being prevented from returning to the US.  Luckily he did make it back.

It is a sticky situation and there is no easy way to please everyone.  There are also several players who have refused to wear the Pride jerseys citing religious beliefs.  Sadly just the way the world is nowadays :sad:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Oops wrong post, never mind..:huh:

Edited by Rhyta

On 3/21/2023 at 1:57 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I particularly liked the Rodrigues...er, second in the Central division bit. 

You wouldn't be encouraging taking out other team's players would you? :wink::wagfinger:

• Like 1

Pens 5 Avs 2.  Not a good night, first loss of the month but sure are missing our injured defense players...refs really sucked too.:nasty:

• Like 2

Meanwhile Avs had two wins against the Coyotes, have jumped up to 2nd place in Central.  Will be playing the Wild and Stars this week, still have two games in hand so we'll see how it goes.  :pirate:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned