The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Toews wanted to miss the last game. Don't want to hurt your future team. :wink:  Rumors of Kane to Vegas.  :facepalm:  

Oh man I can't stand the thought of Kane in Vegas or Dallas :sad:.  There has been rumors of Toews being looked at by Avs but I'm doubtful.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

Oh man I can't stand the thought of Kane in Vegas or Dallas :sad:.  There has been rumors of Toews being looked at by Avs but I'm doubtful.

They're both hurt, no matter how much Kane wants to downplay his injury in the media. He wants to get out so bad, not interested in catching Stan in scoring. I'm getting Lewandowski at Bayern vibes. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

They're both hurt, no matter how much Kane wants to downplay his injury in the media. He wants to get out so bad, not interested in catching Stan in scoring. I'm getting Lewandowski at Bayern vibes. 

Well the Avs have more than their share of hurt players at the moment, so I think they have to find some healthy ones to fill in the slots.  Since I'm not a big soccer fan I gather Lewandowski left in a hurry?  I heard a week ago Kane was going to have surgery but guess that is off until he knows where he is going.  Toews may just retire, the guy hasn't been the same since that last illness.    Well only a couple of weeks until trade deadline so we should know before long.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Well the Avs have more than their share of hurt players at the moment, so I think they have to find some healthy ones to fill in the slots.  Since I'm not a big soccer fan I gather Lewandowski left in a hurry?  I heard a week ago Kane was going to have surgery but guess that is off until he knows where he is going.  Toews may just retire, the guy hasn't been the same since that last illness.    Well only a couple of weeks until trade deadline so we should know before long.

Lewandowski left Germany being only 53 goals behind the all-time Bundesliga goal-scoring leader. Kane is 252 points behind Mikita. Comparable. And yes, injuries. If Kane and Toews want to go somewhere else, they still have to pass medicals, no? 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 12:52 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Lewandowski left Germany being only 53 goals behind the all-time Bundesliga goal-scoring leader. Kane is 252 points behind Mikita. Comparable. And yes, injuries. If Kane and Toews want to go somewhere else, they still have to pass medicals, no? 

Ok, got it.  Sadly I don't think Kane would have much chance of getting to Mikita's record, they traded away DeBrincat who he was feeding passes to all the time.  They were a great pair :sad:  The ghost of Bowman will haunt this team for a long time.  And I know he was gone when they let DeBrincat go but his influence still seems to be there IMO.

Yeah, the medical exams could be a problem for them, guess we will see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Not an Ovechkin fan but sad news, his father passed away today.  Hope he was able to see him and say goodbye. :rose:

I'm sorry to hear this! I saw in the sports section a few days ago that Ovi was taking time off for family reasons, so that explains it I guess. I hope he got to see him as well.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 6:40 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 5 Leafs 3 :chickendance:Hatrick Kane. :chickendance:18-32-5

He looked great, good way for him to close out his time in Chicago.  Heard he did a skate around after the end of the game, not wanting to leave?  I didn't see it ESPN cut away before that happened.  :hockey2:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 3 Knights 2 in SO. :smile: McCauley tried to help Vegas at the end of OT. To no avail. :tongue: 19-32-5 

Watched parts of this game, I was so excited when Kane got the puck in the net at the end. :bounce:  It was fantastic, too bad they didn't count it but Tyler came through for the win.  Now tonight they will have their hands full going to Dallas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Watched parts of this game, I was so excited when Kane got the puck in the net at the end. :bounce:  It was fantastic, too bad they didn't count it but Tyler came through for the win.  Now tonight they will have their hands full going to Dallas.

Looking forward to another Guttman goal tonight.  :popcorn:

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Looking forward to another Guttman goal tonight.  :popcorn:

It was the Domi and Kane show!  Tonight the hockey gods stopped Dallas from a last second score :smile::clap:

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 10:11 AM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Patrick Kane to the Rangers? No conformation yet but this is the word on the street.

I survived Steve Larmer going over there, I'll survive this. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 4 Stars 3 :smile: Kane-Domi, don't split them up. :wink: 20-32-5

You're going to play your way out of the Bedard lottery!

Meanwhile, in a nationally televised choke against the Pens, we're playing our way into it.

• The topic was unpinned