The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

6 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Canucks 5 Hawks 2 :facepalm: Vancouver with the worst goal celebration song. :facepalm: 14-28-4

It's a local band so there's that.  I think the Wild's song is the most irritating, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard :angry:

Avs 3-2 over Capitals, too bad they let Ovie score though...Funny fact  Aube-Kubel has a new tattoo of the Stanley Cup on his leg and he had the dent drawn in as well  :rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

It's a local band so there's that.  I think the Wild's song is the most irritating, it's like fingernails on a chalkboard :angry:

Then the Canucks must have changed it up because last night it was Simple Minds and all I could hear was, 'la, la, la, la...'  :wacko:

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Then the Canucks must have changed it up because last night it was Simple Minds and all I could hear was, 'la, la, la, la...'  :wacko:

Could be, I was going from their website, tried to catch a snippet of it but couldn't make it out.  The Oilers have an annoying one as well.

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Could be, I was going from their website, tried to catch a snippet of it but couldn't make it out.  The Oilers have an annoying one as well.

I'm sure I'll be able to hear it quite a few times on Saturday.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Must have been some kind of weird alignment in the stars Thursday,  Coyotes, Ducks and Blackhawks beat teams that should have had no problem getting a win against them.   :facepalm::confused: 

• Like 1

Avs 4 Blues 2.  Newhook scores for the second year in a row on his birthday :clap::cake1:   Welcome back Nieto, scores open net goal. Good to close out the home stand before the All Star game.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs 4 Blues 2.  Newhook scores for the second year in a row on his birthday :clap::cake1:   Welcome back Nieto, scores open net goal. Good to close out the home stand before the All Star game.

Yeah, that would have been good, wouldn't it? :glare:

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Just watched the final of the All-Star Game. That's twenty minutes I'll never get back.  :facepalm:

It wasn't so bad as the silly crap they added to the Skills Contest Friday...totally cringe worthy :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 10:44 PM, Rhyta said:

It wasn't so bad as the silly crap they added to the Skills Contest Friday...totally cringe worthy :rolleyes:

They might as well go back to five-on-five. And who came up with those almost identical uniforms, a color-blind person?  

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:44 AM, Rhyta said:

Just like the so called Pro Bowl. This all star in all sports crap needs to stop.

I guess the next step is the MLB All-Stars Power Slap contest.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Well, the Blues have officially given up on the season. Who's the likely #1 pick next year?

There's a bunch of tasty forwards in this year's draft to replace Tarasenko with...or so the experts say. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 10:45 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Jets 4 Hawks 1 :facepalm: Predictable result against Winnipeg this year. 16-30-5 

Mrazek was having trouble with his mask.  Guess Kane was disappointed the Rangers got Tarasenko.  Wonder where he may end up.  Any idea what is ailing Toews?  Heard he's missed a few games lately.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Mrazek was having trouble with his mask.  Guess Kane was disappointed the Rangers got Tarasenko.  Wonder where he may end up.  Any idea what is ailing Toews?  Heard he's missed a few games lately.

Toews wanted to miss the last game. Don't want to hurt your future team. :wink:  Rumors of Kane to Vegas.  :facepalm:  

• The topic was unpinned