The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

A bit late in posting this but last night's Avs game was very exciting.  First, Cale Makar is now in the record books for the shortest number of games for a defenseman to record 200 points in National Hockey League history.:thumbsup:

Makar reached the milestone in his 197th game against the Dallas Stars, which was kind of poetic since the next defenseman on the NHL's list is Sergei Zubov, who accomplished the feat in 207 games while playing for the Stars. It took Hall of Fame defenseman Bobby Orr 216 games to reach 200 points. He's in some rarified company but after the season he had last year, not surprising.

This kid is amazing and I love that he is also very humble and always down plays all the attention he is getting.  He could really have an unbelievable career if he continues this path.  I bet he may have some slack here or there but as long as he is healthy then the sky is the limit. Saturday he got a puck in the face and luckily no teeth lost.  He just put some ice on it and kept playing.:hockey2:

Avs won in a shootout, so it is looking like Georgiev was a good replacement for Kuemper.  This is also great since a bunch of players are still out and they are having to fill in the gaps in the defense by call ups from the minor team.  Saturday they will have a rematch with Dallas in Denver this time.

• Like 2

So far, a quarter of, and into the 2022-23 N.H.L. season has been played, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are in third place in the Eastern Conference, and fourth overall, in the N.H.L.
Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

This all started with a clean and legal check by Romanov.

I wonder when the NHL brings in face-cages. That should take care of any fighting, because right now the boys are still willing to go for the visors. I mean, who'd want to have hands that look like potato mashers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I wonder when the NHL brings in face-cages. That should take care of any fighting, because right now the boys are still willing to go for the visors. I mean, who'd want to have hands that look like potato mashers. 

They'll never bring in full shields or cages. The league wants the faces of their stars

to be visible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

They'll never bring in full shields or cages. The league wants the faces of their stars

to be visible.

Well, I could do without Crosby's...or Ovechkin's...or Varlamov's... :doh:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derek19 said:
So far, a quarter of, and into the 2022-23 N.H.L. season has been played, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are in third place in the Eastern Conference, and fourth overall, in the N.H.L.

Toronto fans have something to cheer about, I bet Steve Dangle is happy.  I started watching his YouTube feed last year and his Dang its are hilarious (sometimes I have to turn the volume way down, he gets very shouty)

• Like 2

Avs had a strange couple of days,  their game Saturday with Nashville was postponed due to a water main break at their arena.  Rematch with Dallas and it was a rough game.  Seems like they are really getting bit by the injury bug.  Had Girard come back Friday and then Rodrigues gets hurt and will be out 4 weeks with lower body injury.  MacKinnon finally had a goal then Rantenen got smashed in the face and messed up his nose.  He finished the game with it packed in gauze and a bigger visor.    Now on to another 3 game road trip.

• Like 1

Avs rebound from a loss in Winnipeg and manage a win in Buffalo.  Sabres are a streaky club right now but MacKinnon had a 5 point night.  Hope Georgiev gets rested, going to be a tough one in Boston  Saturday.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 5 Rangers 2 :blink: A rare win. 7-12-4 

Wish I had watched that game, looked good from the highlights on NHL Network.  Avs are struggling, two more players out for a total of 8 key players.  Manson was hurt in Buffalo game, has gone back to Denver for evaluation and McAvoy banged up Lekhonen :ohmy:.  Honestly didn't expect them to win with so many out and very green replacements from the minor league but it was hard to watch them struggle.  Well maybe they can get a win Monday against the Flyers :wink:

Edited by Rhyta

Now that the Blues have settled into a less bipolar win-loss pattern, it turns out that maybe they're just not very good. Playoff first round exit kind of not great. The team is Binnington performances writ large.

• Like 1

Avs will now lose MacKinnon for 4 weeks :banghead:  When is this going to end?  At this rate the team will be the Eaglelanche...some hope on the horizon if Nichuskin, Byrum and Helm come back.  Not looking forward to another rough game with Boston tonight :sigh:

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned