The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 2 Kings 1 in OT :chickendance:T :chickendance:O :chickendance:E:chickendance: W:chickendance: S:chickendance: 5-4-2

The Captain scores in OT,  Toews is looking great :clap:

• Like 1

Watched both games from Finland with the Avs and Blue Jackets.  Was fun to see the hometown boys get goals, Avs' Rantanen got a hat trick and Laine got one for the Jackets Friday and Lehkonen got a goal today.  Avs snapped out their doldrums and Makar finally got his first goal, had 3 assists in both games.   Saw a video of the Avs players going in a sauna and then jumping into cold sea water, was good for a chuckle.

Topped off the weekend watching my college football team win tonight in the rain (I stayed home since I've been sick) so it was a good few days.

• Like 2

Thursday game for the AVS was very emotional.  Had a tribute to Peter McNab, he was a wonderful person and contributed so much to hockey in Colorado.  I am still shocked he passed so suddenly, he had been in remission and looked more like himself.  Very glad he got to see the team win another Cup. :heart::sad:

Good game, Avs win after their return from Finland.  Rantenen had some beautiful goals. :yes:

• Like 2

Avs handled the Canes Saturday, Makar had two goals and Rantenen 4 points for the game, including open net goal to close it out.  MacKinnon is tied with Draisatl for most assists and he got a long overdue goal.  Glad they are winning in spite of the bad luck with defense men getting hurt.  Called up Shane Bowers for Thursdays game since Byram and Girard are out and he lasts a little over a minute before getting injured.  Saturday McDermid goes out with an injury, it's a war zone..:unsure:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Avs steal one from the Canes, they were taking advantage of the depleted defensive group but Avs won in OT. Frankie was great in goal.  Now on to Washington, got to give Kuemper his ring :smile:

Rivalry series was great again Thursday,  USA leads Canada 2-0.  On to the US and 3 more games :clap:

Edited by Rhyta

19 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Bruins 6 Hawks 1 :facepalm: I don't know how Mrazek survived in this league so long. He's worse than Pang. Not that he was getting any help from the guys in front of him, but still. 6-8-3 

He has struggled with groin injuries, he was a good goalie but it may be time for him to retire. 

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned