The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Tampa splits it's 1st back to back of the season. Topping Columbus 5-2 Friday night. Then falling to Pittsburgh 2-6 last night. Still looking like the Bolts are still working things out. Up next will be the home opener Tuesday when Tampa hosts the Flyers. I will be there! 

Let's GO Bolts!

🌩️🌩️

:hockey2:

Pretty quiet here.  Avs had a good win against the Wild Monday night.  Lots of surprises tonight, Buffalo beats the Oilers, Flyers surprise Tampa, Calgary wins despite heroics from the Knights goalie, Ottawa smacks down the Bruins and Kings win in a shootout against Nashville.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Pretty quiet here.  Avs had a good win against the Wild Monday night.  Lots of surprises tonight, Buffalo beats the Oilers, Flyers surprise Tampa, Calgary wins despite heroics from the Knights goalie, Ottawa smacks down the Bruins and Kings win in a shootout against Nashville.

I'm still at that part of the season where I'm hoping for East to beat the West, except for the Hawks of course. That kind of scoreboard watching should end for me around December. 

• Like 1

Hawks 4 Wings 3 in OT. :smile: The team seems to be playing the right way. I was screaming for aggressiveness during penalty kill the last few years and it's finally here. Thanks Richardson. 2-2-0 

Blues with three wins out of the gate -- will they go undefeated? Only time will tell.

Any thoughts on the "reverse retro jersey" of your chosen side? The Blues can take all my money with this sweet yellow job. 

cut.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 5:19 PM, blackhawkrush said:

I'm still at that part of the season where I'm hoping for East to beat the West, except for the Hawks of course. That kind of scoreboard watching should end for me around December. 

Why would you want the East to beat the West?  You know the Hawks have an outside chance of making the playoffs, but hope spring eternal I guess.  I can't think of a playoffs where I hoped an Eastern team would win, have always pulled for the West.  Right now I just am enjoying the games and seeing who is beating the predictions and who may have a breakout season.  Hawks did good today, was very exciting game.  Looks like Staylock is going to have to be the number one, Mrazek having the same problems as last year (had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good choice).

Avs had a good rebound game against the Knights Saturday.  Now it is getting cold so it really feels like hockey season :yes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Why would you want the East to beat the West?  You know the Hawks have an outside chance of making the playoffs, but hope spring eternal I guess.  I can't think of a playoffs where I hoped an Eastern team would win, have always pulled for the West.  Right now I just am enjoying the games and seeing who is beating the predictions and who may have a breakout season.  Hawks did good today, was very exciting game.  Looks like Staylock is going to have to be the number one, Mrazek having the same problems as last year (had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good choice).

Avs had a good rebound game against the Knights Saturday.  Now it is getting cold so it really feels like hockey season :yes:

The reason I want the East to beat the West is because I can wake up this morning and find the Hawks in a playoff spot. 

19 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Blues with three wins out of the gate -- will they go undefeated? Only time will tell.

Any thoughts on the "reverse retro jersey" of your chosen side? The Blues can take all my money with this sweet yellow job. 

cut.jpg

That's fine, but why does the Hawks jersey have to look almost exactly like Detroit's?  :facepalm:

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

That's fine, but why does the Hawks jersey have to look almost exactly like Detroit's?  :facepalm:

Hey, that's what I thought! Last year's black version looked great, but this year's . . . not so much.

• Like 2

Fantastic game between Avs and Rangers, dueling goalies and great play with two Norris trophy winners.  Was like a playoff game, Avs win in a shootout :clap:

Hawks are surprising everyone, great start.  Glad Kane got a goal tonight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

So not only will the Blues not go undefeated, they're now on their first losing streak of the season! Apparently, the Blues and Blackhawks will have inverse records this season.

Predators are still winless on North American soil this season. Keep it that way tonight, won't you?  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 11:43 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Predators are still winless on North American soil this season. Keep it that way tonight, won't you?  

Not only can we not do that, we can't beat the Canadiens. After that hot start, the wheels have come off. Maybe we should go back to playing once every four days.

Wild 4 Hawks 3 in SO. :banghead:  Stalock is going to give me a heart attack. Leaving the net wide open on Minnesota's second and third goal...:rolleyes: They should've put in Soderblom for the shootout. 4-3-2 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Islanders 3 Hawks 1 :eh: The Trotz-induced smothering style has not left New York. I so wanted him to take over for Quenneville in Chicago. :rolleyes: 4-4-2

Your D was pretty good as well, sucks losing your starting goalie so early in the game but it's not like we were lighting up your backup goalie either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Your D was pretty good as well, sucks losing your starting goalie so early in the game but it's not like we were lighting up your backup goalie either.

I wasn't really talking about the D, rather the whole Isles team playing as a unit. And yeah, it's tougher to intimidate a 6' 3" goalie than a 5' 11" one. You probably should've left Stalock alone, the final score would've been a lot higher. 

• The topic was unpinned