The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Avs beat the Stars again 2-1.  Now they are off until next Wed when they will raise the Cup banner.  :clap: So glad the season is almost here!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs beat the Stars again 2-1.  Now they are off until next Wed when they will raise the Cup banner.  :clap: So glad the season is almost here!

It'll be an even later start. :rolleyes:  Can't give it a like, Rhyta.  :wink:

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

It'll be an even later start. :rolleyes:  Can't give it a like, Rhyta.  :wink:

I get it, watched some of the Hawks and Wild, Jack Johnson is trying to help :sigh:

Edited by Rhyta

On 9/19/2022 at 2:00 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Can the Avs repeat? Will the Maple Leafs finally win a playoff round? Will the Senators become respectable? Will the Coyotes find a way to fill a 5,000-seat arena? Will Carolina continue to be overrated by the hockey pundits? Will Torts last more than three months in Philly?

Stay tuned. :hockey1:

Can the Lightning remain in the top tier of contenders?  So far they have not one preseason game! Not that it matters much for the overall season & Tampa historically starts slow. The regular season is just around the corner!

Only time will tell...

:hockey1:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks trade Stillman (D, 12 points last season) for Dickinson (F, 11 points last season)     :rr:

:confused:  Who knows what they are thinking..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rhyta said:

:confused:  Who knows what they are thinking..

Dickinson was a useful player at Dallas, but his stay in Vancouver turned out to be a disaster. Maybe the Hawks hope he can get on the right track after a change of scenery. 

• Like 1

Tampa loses the season opener to the Rangers 1-3. There were some bright spots and me bolts seemed like they wanted to compete. However after completing a less than notable preseason, it's pretty apparent that they're still working things out. Still a long way to go! Some of the Ex- Bolts looked to be in good form for their new team. Next up on the road again to play the Blue Jackets of Columbus...

Lets GO Lightning

🌩️ 🌩️

:hockey1:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Nice sportsmanship to see the Avs include Jack Johnson (who was sporting his current Blackhawk uniform) in the pregame Cup celebration/raising of the banner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, apetersvt said:

Nice sportsmanship to see the Avs include Jack Johnson (who was sporting his current Blackhawk uniform) in the pregame Cup celebration/raising of the banner.

Man, this game is not going to start till 10.30   :zzz:  Oh great, Olczyk is on duty.  :facepalm:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, apetersvt said:

Yes that was great that he got to be there and the guys welcomed him in the circle.  So happy for the fans to see Landeskog skate around with the Stanley Cup.  Jack stepped in and helped out in the playoffs after Girard was hurt.  They will always have that bond after winning that Cup together :wub:

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Avalanche 5 Hawks 2 :hockey2: Not a bad effort. If the Denver-based refs had saw fit to give us a few more PPs, the game could've been a bit closer. Let's play hard again tomorrow in Vegas. 

Good thing Mrazek was playing pretty good, the score could have been a lot higher.  Fun to see Toews v Toews a few times.  Now it is officially hockey season :clap::bounce:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Good thing Mrazek was playing pretty good, the score could have been a lot higher.  Fun to see Toews v Toews a few times.  Now it is officially hockey season :clap::bounce:

Mrazek was also very lucky, sliding out of position on quite a few occasions. I don't like that in a goalie. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Man, this game is not going to start till 10.30   :zzz:  Oh great, Olczyk is on duty.  :facepalm:

Yup, I have a hard time watching late games.  Watched the first period last night and the rest of the game this morning (half paying attention having it on in the background while working from home).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Saw this last night, thought it was a very nice letter to the fans in Chicago from DeBrincat.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/alex-debrincat-nhl-hockey-chicago-blackhawks-ottawa-senators

Hawks were obviously trying to get a Kane no.2. Too bad it didn't work out. On a personal note, had I played, I don't think I'd be able to play for the Wings. :angry:

38 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks were obviously trying to get a Kane no.2. Too bad it didn't work out. On a personal note, had I played, I don't think I'd be able to play for the Wings. :angry:

Well, it may depend on how desperate you were for one more year on the ice; where do you think you would rank on a one-to-Bernie Federko scale?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Well, it may depend on how desperate you were for one more year on the ice; where do you think you would rank on a one-to-Bernie Federko scale?

I would agree only to screw the Wings by causing them to lose Adam Oates.  :tongue: 

• Like 1

Hawks 5 Sharks 2 :smile: I wish everybody in the NHL played like San Jose. Free flowing, letting the other team have a say, not playing within a system...but then of course, it wouldn't be the best league in the world, would it?  1-2-0  

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned