Happy 50th to this masterpiece

custom55

That it does.  A musical masterpiece.

Sadly I can't say the same for the current group of fakirs about to tour this anniversary celebration.  Their shit is all over Farcebook in an attemt to shill for ticket sales.

• Like 3

For me CTTE is Yes's crowning glory ...... the ultimate progressive rock album........ I can't believe it is 50 years old!!!! :old:

• Like 4

Favorite album I've ever heard. Best album I've ever heard. Also, why this piece wasnt the album cover befuddles me, but I digress. I guess in a way, the black to green fade presents a nice simple minimalist contrast to the genius complexity of the music.

• Like 2

Daaaang it. I don’t have the record with me right now! I need to get all my Yes records out here with me. Well, since I’ll have to listen to something else tonight, the least I can do is share this great video about CTTE’s cover that came out recently:

• Like 2

Also just for the record, green being my favorite color and one I very closely associate with the word “Yes” and the letter “C,” I always thought the very nicely painted gradient as the album cover was beautiful and perfect. Upon discovery of the inner cover, I was even happier.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

My fav yes record. was always the Yes Album but CTTE is a very close 2nd.

Maybe the greatest prog album ever made.

Not an inch of wasted album space on it.

Mick

My thoughts exactly!

• Like 2

The songs on CTTE are timeless

Here's a little video of YES at MSG 2005.   I was in attendance in the 10th row. 

I remember getting goosebumps when the crowd wouldn't let the band continue until we finished our standing ovation.

3:00 mins in

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

The few YouTube reaction videos that I've seen are hilarious. 

People turn on Close To The Edge, and their faces are literally contorted into a mass of confusion!   :laugh:

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 6:37 PM, ST3V said:

Favorite album I've ever heard. Best album I've ever heard. Also, why this piece wasnt the album cover befuddles me, but I digress. I guess in a way, the black to green fade presents a nice simple minimalist contrast to the genius complexity of the music.

Apparently, Roger Dean (the artist) wanted the main focus to be the new logo. I don't mind the cover actually. I think relayer and tales are better covers but as far as covers go it's better than the Beatles white album for example. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

My fav yes record. was always the Yes Album but CTTE is a very close 2nd.

Maybe the greatest prog album ever made.

Not an inch of wasted album space on it.

Mick

Actually it is considered by many (especially by hardcore prog fans) to be the greatest prog album ever made. It's been the number one album on the progarchives website for as long as I can remember and I definitely think it deserves the reputation it has.

Edited by New_World_Man

17 minutes ago, New_World_Man said:

Actually it is considered by many (especially by hardcore prog fans) to be the greatest prog album ever made. It's been the number one album on the progarchives website for as long as I can remember and I definitely think it deserves the reputation it has.

Oh progarchives. A super in depth and incredibly useful resource, that is simultaneously the most over analytical and way too serious music discussion locale I have ever seen. 

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

The few YouTube reaction videos that I've seen are hilarious. 

People turn on Close To The Edge, and their faces are literally contorted into a mass of confusion!   :laugh:

That was definitely my first reaction. I’d heard The Yes Album, I’d heard Roundabout, I’d heard Owner Of A Lonely Heart, and Leave It, and maybe even Long Distance Runaround. I was not prepared.