Neil would have been 70 today

Rhyta

I'm really sorry he's gone, but at the same time none of us would've ever seen him perform again.

I cannot envision anybody drumming at age 70 the way he did. 

Edited by Weatherman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I'm really sorry he's gone, but at the same time none of us would've ever seen him perform again.

I cannot envision anybody drumming at age 70 the way he did. 

I wouldn't have wanted the band to make a comeback or reunion.  Calling it quits for good was the perfect way for this band to end. 

Wanting them to play again is just selfishness on our part.           

• Like 4

I'm just sad that he wanted time with Olivia and that was taken from him.  Would relish seeing him happy with Carrie, enjoying life.

He left us with such an incredible body of work and he didn't owe us anything more.  RIP

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Lurkst said:

So sad. He'd only have been 63 when he was told his time was up :sad:

Let's hope Al and Ged are with us for many more years to come 

Yes, please! Put them in bubble wrap!

• Like 1

I found a podcast of an interview with Donna Halper right after Neil died.  It is so nice to hear her take on the band and how much she cares for them.  The interviewer is a political podcaster so take that with a grain of salt, he sticks to the subject because he's a huge fan.  I share this because I enjoyed it and wanted to pass this on.  If someone else has already referred to it before, my apologies.

https://www.bobcesca.com/the-bob-cesca-show-interview-donna-halper-on-neil-peart-1-22-20/

:Neil:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

I found a podcast of an interview with Donna Halper right after Neil died.  It is so nice to hear her take on the band and how much she cares for them.  The interviewer is a political podcaster so take that with a grain of salt, he sticks to the subject because he's a huge fan.  I share this because I enjoyed it and wanted to pass this on.  If someone else has already referred to it before, my apologies.

https://www.bobcesca.com/the-bob-cesca-show-interview-donna-halper-on-neil-peart-1-22-20/

Thanks! I am always looking for podcasts I haven't listened to, and this one looks interesting.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 1:21 AM, Rhyta said:

I enjoyed listening to this a lot, it was very good. Might have to look into the Sexy Liberal Podcasts! :biggrin:  It was interesting to hear that Neil had great involvement with supporting different charities but of course never wanted it publicized.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, blueschica said:

I enjoyed listening to this a lot, it was very good. Might have to look into the Sexy Liberal Podcasts! :biggrin:  It was interesting to hear that Neil had great involvement with supporting different charities but if course never wanted it publicized.

Yes, that is just like Neil, not wanting everyone to know what he was up to, nice to know he didn't do those things totally unnoticed. Bob has some other Rush related episodes that I am going to check out.  I didn't know who he was until earlier this year and one day as I was watching him talk I noticed he had a bunch of albums framed on his wall.  Got to looking closer and saw it was Power Windows, Signals and GUP so I thought he had to be a fan :biggrin:

Also I found Donna's blog too, she's been doing it for quite a while, read a few good posts there as well, it's called Dialogue and Discourse.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fordgalaxy said:

David Letterman (or his people) have been posting segments from his show a couple of times a week for quite a while and this one popped up today and I thought this would be a good place for it. What a great memory.

This was so good, there were a lot of great drummers that participated but it was so cool to see Neil do this since he is so uncomfortable with being in the spotlight.  :wub::sigh:

• Like 3

On 9/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, blueschica said:

Yes, please! Put them in bubble wrap!

Based on his family, I think Ged is going to be alive for three more decades. He's got time to start to a new band! 

• Like 2

On 10/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, Weatherman said:

Based on his family, I think Ged is going to be alive for three more decades. He's got time to start to a new band! 

Alex already did.  Like Alex, it’s different.

• Like 1