Jump to content

Neil would have been 70 today


Rhyta
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just saw some posts on FB about Neil's birthday, still miss him.  Here's to you Professor :Neil::sigh:

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really sorry he's gone, but at the same time none of us would've ever seen him perform again.

I cannot envision anybody drumming at age 70 the way he did. 

Edited by Weatherman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I'm really sorry he's gone, but at the same time none of us would've ever seen him perform again.

I cannot envision anybody drumming at age 70 the way he did. 

 

 

I wouldn't have wanted the band to make a comeback or reunion.  Calling it quits for good was the perfect way for this band to end. 

 

Wanting them to play again is just selfishness on our part.           

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just sad that he wanted time with Olivia and that was taken from him.  Would relish seeing him happy with Carrie, enjoying life.

He left us with such an incredible body of work and he didn't owe us anything more.  RIP

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lurkst said:

So sad. He'd only have been 63 when he was told his time was up :sad:

Let's hope Al and Ged are with us for many more years to come 

 

Yes, please! Put them in bubble wrap!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found a podcast of an interview with Donna Halper right after Neil died.  It is so nice to hear her take on the band and how much she cares for them.  The interviewer is a political podcaster so take that with a grain of salt, he sticks to the subject because he's a huge fan.  I share this because I enjoyed it and wanted to pass this on.  If someone else has already referred to it before, my apologies.

https://www.bobcesca.com/the-bob-cesca-show-interview-donna-halper-on-neil-peart-1-22-20/

 

:Neil:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

I found a podcast of an interview with Donna Halper right after Neil died.  It is so nice to hear her take on the band and how much she cares for them.  The interviewer is a political podcaster so take that with a grain of salt, he sticks to the subject because he's a huge fan.  I share this because I enjoyed it and wanted to pass this on.  If someone else has already referred to it before, my apologies.

https://www.bobcesca.com/the-bob-cesca-show-interview-donna-halper-on-neil-peart-1-22-20/

 

:Neil:

 

Thanks! I am always looking for podcasts I haven't listened to, and this one looks interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 1:21 AM, Rhyta said:

I found a podcast of an interview with Donna Halper right after Neil died.  It is so nice to hear her take on the band and how much she cares for them.  The interviewer is a political podcaster so take that with a grain of salt, he sticks to the subject because he's a huge fan.  I share this because I enjoyed it and wanted to pass this on.  If someone else has already referred to it before, my apologies.

https://www.bobcesca.com/the-bob-cesca-show-interview-donna-halper-on-neil-peart-1-22-20/

 

:Neil:

 

I enjoyed listening to this a lot, it was very good. Might have to look into the Sexy Liberal Podcasts! :biggrin:  It was interesting to hear that Neil had great involvement with supporting different charities but of course never wanted it publicized.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, blueschica said:

 

I enjoyed listening to this a lot, it was very good. Might have to look into the Sexy Liberal Podcasts! :biggrin:  It was interesting to hear that Neil had great involvement with supporting different charities but if course never wanted it publicized.

Yes, that is just like Neil, not wanting everyone to know what he was up to, nice to know he didn't do those things totally unnoticed. Bob has some other Rush related episodes that I am going to check out.  I didn't know who he was until earlier this year and one day as I was watching him talk I noticed he had a bunch of albums framed on his wall.  Got to looking closer and saw it was Power Windows, Signals and GUP so I thought he had to be a fan :biggrin:

Also I found Donna's blog too, she's been doing it for quite a while, read a few good posts there as well, it's called Dialogue and Discourse.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...