Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)

Principled Man

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

If this forum is representative then there is more love for royalty in the States than I have encountered in Britain; England or Scotland. Monarchies might look fun in a quirky, anachronistic way... if you don't have one :rolleyes:

I know there are something like 60 million people in Britain, so my sense of "representative" may be way off, but based on the crowds celebrating the jubilee and the crowds mourning the queen, you may be projecting your feelings a bit. I suppose it's possible I'm doing the same!

18 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I know there are something like 60 million people in Britain, so my sense of "representative" may be way off, but based on the crowds celebrating the jubilee and the crowds mourning the queen, you may be projecting your feelings a bit. I suppose it's possible I'm doing the same!

You are seeing all of the interested people, there are enough for a decent crowd :laugh:

Owner: No no! She's pining!
Mr. Praline: She's not pinin'! She's passed on! This Queen is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! She's a stiff! Bereft of life, She rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed her to the Throne, She'd be pushing up the daisies! Her metabolic processes are null!! She's off the Throne! She's kicked the bucket, She's shuffled off Her mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile! THIS IS AN EX-QUEEN!!!
(pause)
Owner: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh,
we're right out of Queens.
Mr. Praline: I see. I see, I get the picture.
Owner: I've got a Charles.
(pause)
Mr. Praline: Pray, does it rule?
Owner: Nnnnot really, no.
Mr. Praline: WELL HE'S HARDLY A REPLACEMENT THEN IS HE??!!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jack Aubrey said:

Mr. Praline: WELL HE'S HARDLY A REPLACEMENT THEN IS HE??!!

Charles will be utterly forgettable as a monarch.   He'll be virtually invisible.  

• Like 2

As the OP said, this is truly the end of an era.   Let's all rally around referring to it as

"Elizabethan Era II:  Electric Boogaloo".

• Haha 3

On 9/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, zepphead said:

We were sitting watching the BBC news when everything changed before our eyes .... one minute they were talking about 

The Queen being unwell, to all of a sudden the announcement of her passing. Quite a shock.

RIP.

On 9/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, blueschica said:

Yes, that seemed quick. We were watching the BBC news Channel that we get on our tv and felt the same.

I only heard about it because I get BBC breaking news alerts on my phone. I knew she was in frail health, but I didn't think she was that ill. I thought she'd live to be 100.

My aunt said, "Now we're just left with her rotten kids." 

• Like 3

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  No matter, who they are, where they are from, and what kind of family they have, it still can be, and is a loss.  She did contribute a lot onto this world, and meant a lot to people.  She will be truly missed, and remembered.  My heartfelt condolences, and sympathies to her royal family, and friends.  R.I.P., Elizabeth II.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

As the OP said, this is truly the end of an era.   Let's all rally around referring to it as

"Elizabethan Era II:  Electric Boogaloo".

Or Carolean Era III - Rappin`. (The much less competent and largely forgotten sequel to Electric Boogaloo, appropriately).

Ok, so I have to post this..The Queen and Wayne Gretzky.  He was beaming the whole time walking out on to the ice with the Queen.  I also loved the comment by the Sharks captain Mike Ricci that he put in his teeth in her honor :laugh2:

• Like 1