Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)

Principled Man

We were sitting watching the BBC news when everything changed before our eyes .... one minute they were talking about 

The Queen being unwell, to all of a sudden the announcement of her passing. Quite a shock.

RIP.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, zepphead said:

We were sitting watching the BBC news when everything changed before our eyes .... one minute they were talking about 

The Queen being unwell, to all of a sudden the announcement of her passing. Quite a shock.

RIP.

It's going to take a while to get used to "King Charles".

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, zepphead said:

RIP.

Yes, that seemed quick. We were watching the BBC news Channel that we get on our tv and felt the same.

• Like 4

My ex-wife told me about 3pm as she had some inside news, which was significantly earlier than news outlets for some reason. Oddly enough, I feel nothing. Which is better than when Diana died, as the public response made me feel very queasy.

46 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

My ex-wife told me about 3pm as she had some inside news, which was significantly earlier than news outlets for some reason. Oddly enough, I feel nothing. Which is better than when Diana died, as the public response made me feel very queasy.

I actually mourned for Diana a bit.  The disgusting paparazzi gave her no peace, and they even drove her to her death.  Paparazzi should be outlawed everywhere.      

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

I actually mourned for Diana a bit.  The disgusting paparazzi gave her no peace, and they even drove her to her death.  Paparazzi should be outlawed everywhere.      

Maybe so, but the day before her death she was in Monte Carlo on Dodi Fayed`s yacht. There are better ways to go unseen. :confused:

I watch stuff like The Crown because it's interesting drama taking the viewer through modern British history. I have no interest in family sit downs with Oprah or Piers Morgan, or magazine puff pieces. I don't care aboot King Charles and Camilla. Harry, William the whole lot mean nothing to me. Queen Elizabeth shook hands with Sinn Fein when it was time to recognize the peace. The queen seemed like a genuinely decent person who lived an interesting life, so RIP.

May be an image of text that says 'Ive done my duties Paddington, please take me to my husband'

• Like 10

Is it too soon to ask what Queen will use in the future for it's closing music?   Is God Save The Queen still going to be a thing?

I’m not a big fan of the monarchy, but it’s still sad to see Elizabeth’s death.  She was a beacon of stability, duty, and stoicism in the face of virtually every crisis for the past 70 years.  God bless her.  

• Like 6

This was not unexpected given her age, but it feels so sad. She was always there as a symbol of working well with whoever was in government. 

First John Glenn and now the Queen. The people I admired as a child are all passing away. RIP, Queen Elizabeth. 

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

On 9/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, IbanezJem said:

Maybe so, but the day before her death she was in Monte Carlo on Dodi Fayed`s yacht. There are better ways to go unseen. :confused:

I don't see how she deserved to be hounded and chased by the press, that accident was horrible all because some idiots wanted pictures, that's my take on it.

As for the Queen, I got very emotional over her death and I am not a Brit.  She was human and made mistakes but her heart was in the right place.  I guess I just remember that picture of her at Prince Phillip's funeral, sitting all by herself looking lost.  It has been a little over a year, perhaps she was still pining for him.  She met 13 of 14 American Presidents, that is a long reign  RIP Your Majesty :rose:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I don't see how she deserved to be hounded and chased by the press, that accident was horrible all because some idiots wanted pictures, that's my take on it.

As for the Queen, I got very emotional over her death and I am not a Brit.  She was human and made mistakes but her heart was in the right place.  I guess I just remember that picture of her at Prince Phillip's funeral, sitting all by herself looking lost.  It has been a little over a year, perhaps she was still pining for him.  She met 13 American Presidents, that is a long reign  RIP Your Majesty :rose:

But the paparazzi weren't taking pictures for people like me, you can be sure about that! They sold by the bucketload so maybe the consumer should look in the mirror. If this forum is representative then there is more love for royalty in the States than I have encountered in Britain; England or Scotland. Monarchies might look fun in a quirky, anachronistic way... if you don't have one :rolleyes:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Rest In Peace :rose: QE II  

There are people that like the royals and there are people that do not.

I have been fascinated by the royal family since I was a child, not having anything like that here.

I have the same feeling right now as I did when Pope John Paul II died in 2005. Feeling a tiny bit lost.

How do I explain it?  A small part of my life experience as I know it,  is gone...

1FEFA42900000578-4443262-image-a-45_1493

The Queen photobombs!

• Like 5