Favorite Bands With Flawed Discographies

Mr. Not

4 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

Guns N’ Roses, Van Halen, and Led Zeppelin all had amazing debuts.  Hendrix, The Cars, The Doors, Wu-Tang, NWA, The Beasties, The Counting Crows and Oasis all had classic debuts, too.  Third Eye Blind was a great and deep album, and the band never made another album that was even ok.  Matchbox 20 is similar in that regard.  I’ll put Alanis Morrissette in that category as well.  

Doors debut is good, but not usually my cup of tea. Hendrix is fantastic. Zep is good, but the next one blows it out of the water imo. Have yet to hear The Cars debut. Van Halen is a brilliant record, arguably their best. Oasis Definitely Maybe is my favorite of their for sure, also excellent. Third Eye Blind was a grower for me, but deep is the right word for it. I like their second one too. Wu Tang is fantastic, haven’t heard anything else from them. Never heard an NWA or Beastie Boys album, nor Matchbox 20 I’m pretty sure. 

And as Segue said, Jagged Little Pill isn’t Alanis’ debut.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Doors debut is good, but not usually my cup of tea. Hendrix is fantastic. Zep is good, but the next one blows it out of the water imo. Have yet to hear The Cars debut. Van Halen is a brilliant record, arguably their best. Oasis Definitely Maybe is my favorite of their for sure, also excellent. Third Eye Blind was a grower for me, but deep is the right word for it. I like their second one too. Wu Tang is fantastic, haven’t heard anything else from them. Never heard an NWA or Beastie Boys album, nor Matchbox 20 I’m pretty sure. 

And as Segue said, Jagged Little Pill isn’t Alanis’ debut.

You should definitely listen to The Cars debut!  Excellent, excellent album.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blueschica said:

You should definitely listen to The Cars debut!  Excellent, excellent album.

I have been on the hunt for it on vinyl for ages. I have the rest of their 70s and 80s records on vinyl (okay my copy of Shake It Up skips to much to play, but the rest of them are okay). I even have the Greatest Hits. But that darn debut has eluded me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I have been on the hunt for it on vinyl for ages. I have the rest of their 70s and 80s records on vinyl (okay my copy of Shake It Up skips to much to play, but the rest of them are okay). I even have the Greatest Hits. But that darn debut has eluded me.

You've actually already "heard" it, you just don't realize it.  With the exception of 1 or 2 songs, any of their greatest hits packages include pretty much everything off the debut.  :smile:

• Like 2