Taylor Hawkins London tribute concert starts shortly- will be on these channels, plus on CBS tonight at 10 pm

blueschica

7 hours ago, grep said:

Kind of a shame that some are criticizing the precision of semi-retired older guys who no longer rehearse their complex parts for months on end. 

Yes isn't it?  I am just glad to see Ged and Alex together again and playing.  They cared about Taylor and are doing their bit to honor him.  After all , isn't that what this whole concert is supposed to be about?  RIP Taylor, you are missed.:rose:

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I thought his review smacked of that crap idea "simple/punk music is the most authentic music" when he was sniffing about the "skill" of Rush or Joe Walsh, as if being able to do something complex well was pointless. 

Yep I assume he’s ( probably .. I could be wrong  :LOL: .. .
… but would bet I’m not :pirate: :16ton: ) 

a left leaning musical philistine who thinks being a ‘ music critic ‘ means to his mind that all music should have very simple structures ( that’s why back in the day his ilk all adored bands like the Pistols & Ramones ) to appeal to the common people , and never mind the opinions of independent thinkers such as the fans of Rush or Prog in general who have took the time to appreciate the skills and craft of fine musicians. 
Plus this critic could also be someone who tried to learn an instrument but failed epically .. so it’s sour grapes on his part ! 
:ranton:

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:21 PM, cygnify said:

Yes, Foos are at the end.  I can't find the picture and can't upload here - but the schedule was:

(UK times)

5:25 pm Wolfgang VH

5:40 Jeff Buckley Tribute

5:50 Supergrass

6:05 Crooked Vultures

6:25 Pretenders

6:35 James Gang

6:50 Violet Grohl and Mark Ronson

7:00 Brian Johnson and Lars Ulrich

7:10 Stewart Copeland

7:25 RUSH

7:45 QUeen

8:10 FOO Fighters

10:30 Strict Curfew and load out

Thanks for this schedule. We are currently on a short break at a nice lakeside hotel here in Enniskillen N. Ireland so I hope to catch up on this when I get home tomorrow...... particularly the Rush segment.

• Like 2

The orange drum kit... It had a special front drum head on the kick drum...

https://external-preview.redd.it/_JQXX4LRLsV1YqrkA9bbd3VdQqPywuf4A6JRT5qqg6o.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=7a269a1efa743245c11ae5203e9e16b13f107be5

P.S. The pink one had Olivia Newton John.

Edited by rushfanslo
  • Like 2

Very pleased that I had a quiet day at work today as I was sitting at my desk still smiling at how great a show that was :smile:

Fantastic that the guys were able to produce such a strong tribute to Taylor and Neil. I honestly thought we would never see anything like that again.

I had suspected YYZ might make an appearance given the history with Taylor, but when the intro to 2112 started up I was literally laughing out loud with joy. My wife had never witnessed me at a Rush concert, despite my threatening to take her several times, and she was in stitches at the sight of me rocking out on the couch :ROCK:

Thanks guys, you made my year :rush:

As for Dave Grohl, so much respect. If there's a harder working person in the business I'd like to see them. What a phenomenal tribute :clap:

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 4

I was lucky enough to attend the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in London with my two grown up sons.  As part of my 60th birthday celebrations I had initially bought tickets to see the Foo Fighters for their 2022 UK tour for my sons and I, as they are fans of the band and I like their Greatest Hits.

I was very sad to hear that Taylor had died and totally understood the reasons for the cancellation of the bands tour, albeit I was very disappointed.  I was then delighted to be able to bag tickets for the tribute concert and excited to see that Geddy and Alex would be in attendance.
I first saw Rush in 1981 and I last saw them on the Time Machine tour in 2011, and I had thought they would never play together on this side of the pond again, so I was thrilled at the possibility of them playing at Wembley.
For me, they were excellent that night and I am extremely grateful that I was able to see them play again.  I had previously taken my sons to see Rush on the Snakes and Arrows tour in 2007 to show them a proper rock concert before they started to go to see their own concerts, so it was brilliant to share this moment with them.  The added bonus of seeing John Paul Jones (again!) and Paul McCartney, plus the Foo Fighters playing their hits was brilliant.
Those of you who have tickets to the LA show – enjoy!

• Like 5

Great tribute. Alex and Ged rocked! It was a little rough seeing Dave break down, but understandable. Hopefully it was cathartic for everyone involved and helped move on in the grieving process.

• Like 3

I think this tribute concert was a testament to how much people in the industry love and respect Dave Grohl. 

Musicians die all the time. Most of them aren't lucky enough to know a man who can organize top seasoned professionals to come and play for him (and with him) in the deceased person's honor.

Also: I just learned that Grohl's mother died two weeks ago. Damn. 

Edited by Weatherman
  • Like 5

I have just watched the Rush songs from the concert - it was great to see Alex and Geddy up there doing it again - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 3

On 9/5/2022 at 7:09 AM, Chicken hawk said:

Thats a great photo i saw of Paul M. and Geddy !  

May be an image of 3 people and people playing musical instruments

Love this, two of my favorites together!

Someone put this text with the photo on FB, hilarious :smile:

And in my hour of darkness

He is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom

Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee

Whisper words of wisdom

Geddy Lee

:biggrin:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

I watched the entire thing live and I can honestly say that out of the 6 hours or whatever it was, there wasn't one bad performance or one I didn't enjoy.

Even Ke$ha? She looked to me like she was very high and she didn't fit the tone of the other performers, imo.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fordgalaxy said:

Even Ke$ha? She looked to me like she was very high and she didn't fit the tone of the other performers, imo.

Oh heavens, she was a hot mess and it looked for a minute like she was going to get too intimate with her mic. I like her voice but I hope she gets some help.

• Haha 1

Wow, just wow... I was there and it was surreal and very emotional as well! Seeing & hearing 3 Rush songs live once again wasn't something I was expecting at all!

When the lasers hit the stadium after Ged had introduced YYZ it felt like I was back at one of the R40 shows I attended back in 2015... And then it hit me that it was 2022 and tears welled up in my eyes... I cried all the way through YYZ and I was still crying when Queen performed their opening song.

So happy I was able to capture their part of the livestream on my phone after the show had ended so I could see them up close as well since I was seated at the back of the stadium during the show.

• Like 11

On 9/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, grep said:

Kind of a shame that some are criticizing the precision of semi-retired older guys who no longer rehearse their complex parts for months on end. 

Rush as a living organism is dead and buried and now it's just two life-long friends having fun and doing favors for other friends, good causes or both.

Some may not have been paying attention for a long while. Me? I'm genuinely happy for them.

• Like 3