Happy 12th Anniversary to LABT

Rick N. Backer

9 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I'm late getting this in, but I hope you'll all join me in raising a glass to one of our very finest contributors, LABT.    A good man in every sense.

Cheers my friend.  :cheers:

Thank you, sir.  Now to get 73 to get a darker ale in the beer emoji...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Happy Anniversary! Get yourself something nice, from us. Feel free to splurge!

Thanks, Nova!

I'm celebrating the right way, bunting the runner over to third with no outs.    And making the third baseman make the play.   

Then hopping on a jet to watch the basketball team I splurged on (that actually doesn't sound too good :scared:) for my anniversary for a couple of days.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Happy Anniversary, LABT. :cosmo: I was just wondering, why did you choose the username that you did? 

I'm sure most people probably presume that I wanted to use the name in homage to Peart's lyric, that I considered it a wistfully insightful if ultimately depressing take on the fact while that time inexorably and remorselessly marches on, we sometimes all too humanly personify it, assuming it laughs at us as we realize that we've achieved so few of our goals and aspirations and will be increasingly incapable of doing so as our bodies and minds start to betray us more every day.

Not so, I took it as a backup since my first choice, Dick Tree, was already taken.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Happy 12th TRF Anniversary!

Thank you, tinwoodsman!

Or since this is a Rush Forum, should I call you Prestowoodsman?   ;)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, blueschica said:

:cheers:   Happy 12th anniversary LABT!    :cheers:

TRF is a better place with you around! 

Thank you...:blush:

The same is true for you 20 times over.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

I'm sure most people probably presume that I wanted to use the name in homage to Peart's lyric, that I considered it a wistfully insightful if ultimately depressing take on the fact while that time inexorably and remorselessly marches on, we sometimes all too humanly personify it, assuming it laughs at us as we realize that we've achieved so few of our goals and aspirations and will be increasingly incapable of doing so as our bodies and minds start to betray us more every day.

Not so, I took it as a backup since my first choice, Dick Tree, was already taken.

You could've used lowercase letters.  :wink: 

17 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Two days late, but you know what they say. (Do you happen know what they say, because I forgot.) Happy birthday! :cake1:

Well done.  The lack of being able to remember things was pretty good (though I'm the one that's 60, so if YOU can't remember, what chance do I have?) but the birthday wishes on my forum anniversary took it to whole different level.

Assuming life begins when becoming a member of TRF...this place is fun, but that seems a bit much...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Two days late, but you know what they say. (Do you happen know what they say, because I forgot.) Happy birthday! :cake1:

41 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Well done.  The lack of being able to remember things was pretty good (though I'm the one that's 60, so if YOU can't remember, what chance do I have?) but the birthday wishes on my forum anniversary took it to whole different level.

Assuming life begins when becoming a member of TRF...this place is fun, but that seems a bit much...

Well, shit... :doh:

Birthdays...anniversaries. Time has no meaning here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Well, shit... :doh:

Birthdays...anniversaries. Time has no meaning here.

Exactly!

What does the end of time feel like?  It's like saying when you try to extrapolate till the end of time.

If time is indeed infinite, then what does that mean?  How long is all the way?  And then if it stops, what's stopping it?   And what's behind what's stopping it?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Exactly!

What does the end of time feel like?  It's like saying when you try to extrapolate till the end of time.

If time is indeed infinite, then what does that mean?  How long is all the way?  And then if it stops, what's stopping it?   And what's behind what's stopping it?

Climate change. The end is near. Duh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1