The Official "Huh, What Conference?", er, 2022-23 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

Rose, Penn State v Utah, interesting

Orange, Clemson v Tennessee, meh

Sugar, Alabama v Kansas State, huh?

Cotton, Tulane v USC, I guess that's what happens when you get a hole in your Trojan.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Heisman Trophy, who ya got?  Only two worthy are Bennett and Duggan.

Max Duggan ftw.  What say you?

Even though he was injured and only played in 11 games, that Hendon Hooker guy from Tennessee had 3,135 yards passing with 27 TDs and only 2 INTs. Not  too shabby.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:05 PM, Rhyta said:

Got to give him something to stop him crying...not impressed.

I envision him in the pro's as another Dan Marino, piling up stats and likely setting individual records, but not advancing a team very far through the playoffs.  If I was in charge of an NFL team's  player procurement and he was available, I'd say "hard pass".

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 9:27 AM, pjbear05 said:

I envision him in the pro's as another Dan Marino, piling up stats and likely setting individual records, but not advancing a team very far through the playoffs.  If I was in charge of an NFL team's  player procurement and he was available, I'd say "hard pass".

Agreed.  I just found it sad that he had to have his nails done before each game and had F whoever he was playing applied on his fingernails.  It was also pathetic he had to sit on the sidelines with a towel on his head after the PAC 12 championship game and wouldn't show any sportsmanship by shaking hands.  I think it is disappointing  the committee thinks this guy can act this way and still be rewarded but guess I am kidding myself.  Money talks and who cares about sportsmanship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Agreed.  I just found it sad that he had to have his nails done before each game and had F whoever he was playing applied on his fingernails.  It was also pathetic he had to sit on the sidelines with a towel on his head after the PAC 12 championship game and wouldn't show any sportsmanship by shaking hands.  I think it is disappointing  the committee thinks this guy can act this way and still be rewarded but guess I am kidding myself.  Money talks and who cares about sportsmanship.

His response should be a red flag to anyone looking to draft him down the road

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned
31 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Kind of surprised no one has mentioned the death of Mike Leach. He was supposedly an odd guy but knew football as good as anyone and his stats showed that and was only 61. 

I didn't really know much about Mike Leach, but reading some of the obit articles makes me aware of who we've lost -- a unique character. 

• Like 3

FSU beats OK; Pitt beats UCLA; YAY!

Notre Dame beats SC; Tennessee rolls Clemson; BOO!

NC State pbp announcer Gary Hahn suspended indefinitely; during a scoreboard wrap-up broadcast of the Duke's Mayo Bowl, Hahn referred to fans at the Sun Bowl as being "amongst the illegal aliens in El Paso. "

Sorry for the crappy follow-up, been fighting a vicious cold all week.

GO BLUE!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

FSU beats OK; Pitt beats UCLA; YAY!

Notre Dame beats SC; Tennessee rolls Clemson; BOO!

NC State pbp announcer Gary Hahn suspended indefinitely; during a scoreboard wrap-up broadcast of the Duke's Mayo Bowl, Hahn referred to fans at the Sun Bowl as being "amongst the illegal aliens in El Paso. "

Sorry for the crappy follow-up, been fighting a vicious cold all week.

GO BLUE!

There were some good games yesterday, nailbiters.  Blowouts today so far

How about the early play by TCu's defense?!?  A goal line stop on the first series followed by a pick 6 on Michigan's second possession!  This after Michigan opened with a 53yd run on the first play from scrimmage.  :7up:

And TCU forces a three and out on Michigan's third series!

I fear that for the rest of his days, when Noah Ruggles approaches a football, all he will hear is:

"Hook...hook...hook..."

I fear for the rest of his days, after winning a conference, Jim Harbaugh will hear:

"You can't win the semi-finals."

I fear for the rest of their days, Clemson fans will hear:

"Good old Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee."

Edited by pjbear05
  • Haha 1

Georgia vs TCU to take it all! Most likely Georgia comes out on top as they have all season, but I’m rooting for the underdog here!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Georgia vs TCU to take it all! Most likely Georgia comes out on top as they have all season, but I’m rooting for the underdog here!

Two fantastic games yesterday, made even sweeter by Bama's absence

• Like 4

Hmm, too many pre-game Boilermakers, I'll wager. LSU pummeling Purdue, 35-0 at the hallf.

USC handling Tulane so far, 28-14 at half.  Already sick of announcers kissing Caleb Williams' ass.

• Like 1