The Official "Huh, What Conference?", er, 2022-23 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

22 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Notre Dame slays Clemson 35-14!

Georgia beats Tennessee 27-13!

Rutgers goes up on Michigan 17-14 at the half; Blue scores 4 TD' s in 3rd quarter, that's that.

LSU scores TD and 2 PAT in OT, beats the Tide, 32-31, ' Bama is TOAST for the playoffs!

10 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

LSU overcomes officials, Bama to win on a 2 pt conversion in OT.

3 hours ago, BastillePark said:

There goes any chance for the Ducks to get into the playoffs. Their chances probably weren't that great to begin with but they're zero now.

Go UTES!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BastillePark said:

There goes any chance for the Ducks to get into the playoffs. Their chances probably weren't that great to begin with but they're zero now.

While, with two losses and several near-losses, Alabama's chances are great! :cheer:

:rage:

On 11/14/2022 at 11:35 AM, goose said:

While, with two losses and several near-losses, Alabama's chances are great! :cheer:

:rage:

They did move up to 8th in the playoff poll but their remaining games are cupcake Austin Peay, and not very good Auburn. There would have to be some wildly unusual things happen for them to end up in the top four, and it's not going to happen. 

ESPN had an interesting game last night,  Central Michigan vs Western Michigan.

Which started in a snowstorm, with most of the field covered in white.  Stayed that way throughout, except for alternating zones 10 yards  wide that had been mostly, but not entirely, cleared off.

Football as it should be.  Beautiful!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

TCU kicks GW FG, wins 29-28.

That sprint off/on exchange was great!

Meanwhile,  Michigan drops the go ahead TD pass and has to settle for a FG

13 minutes ago, goose said:

That sprint off/on exchange was great!

Meanwhile,  Michigan drops the go ahead TD pass and has to settle for a FG

Michigan kicks FG, 19-17 over Illinois. BUT, Blake Corum leaves game with knee injury.  If he can't go against Ohio State, Wolverines are toast.

• Like 1

I'm the outlier, Sparty fan but not a real big fan of the Harbaughs. Was really hoping Illinois could pull this one off, no such luck. Congrats to the Michigan fans. Penn State better beat Rutgers now!    :pirate:

• Like 1

One by one, they fall by the wayside.

Tennessee loses the game to South Carolina, and QB Hendon Hooker to a torn ACL :thumbsdown:.

UM's Blake Corum spent Sunday distributing Thanksgiving dinner supplies to less fortunate families in Ypsilanti, MI, East of Ann Arbor.  Says "My knee is good. My knee is fine.  I'll be back". :thumbsup:.

Edited by pjbear05

43 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

One by one, they fall by the wayside.

Tennessee loses the game to South Carolina, and QB Hendon Hooker to a torn ACL :thumbsdown:.

I just watched the highlights of that game and, my, what a performance by Rattler & Co!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goose said:

I just watched the highlights of that game and, my, what a performance by Rattler & Co!

God, Spencer Rattler, 30/37, 438 yards, 6 TD's 0 picks.  Eff you, boomer sooner.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Michigan cranks it in second half, smokes Ohio State, 45-23

South Carolina beats Clemson, 31-30

Wolverines are for real!  :cheer:

And way to go South Carolina!  TCU dominating so far, hanging 24 on Iowa State in the 1st quarter.

Bracing myself for Monday headlines of Bama jumping to #3, lol

Looks like we'll need to wait for LSU/TX A & M  and ND/USC to finish before #4 gets sorted out.  But I'll be laughing like a crazy man if Bama and Satan get shut out.

TCU pummels Iowa State.

Edited by pjbear05

31 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Looks like we'll need to wait for LSU/TX A & M  and ND/USC to finish before #4 gets sorted out.  But I'll be laughing like a crazy man if Bama and Satan get shut out.

TCU pummels Iowa State.

TCU hung 24 pts on them in the first quarter, but were held to just 3 points in the second quarter, which I thought might turn Iowa State around. 

Nope.  

• The topic was pinned