The Official "Huh, What Conference?", er, 2022-23 NCAA College Football Thread.

pjbear05

That was the worst game I've seen my Fighting Irish play since the loss at Michigan in 2019. And the worst I've seen them play at home since I was a freshman in 2016. That was atrocious. 

• Like 1

Can't believe the Badgers were going to go another year with Mertz under center, but there you go.  (In fairness, from what I saw of the game, he wasn't why they lost.)

Would be abysmal for the Irish to lose again tomorrow. If they win I’ll be a bit relieved, but it would take a miracle to get to a bowl game with how this team looked last week and my hope for the season is not going to repaired in one game

Sometimes these early season games are fun to watch, like last week with the several upsets, but sometimes I almost feel bad for the losing team if they're getting their butts kicked like Nebraska is against OU. I guess gone are the days when that was a marquee matchup. 

9 minutes ago, Fordgalaxy said:

Sometimes these early season games are fun to watch, like last week with the several upsets, but sometimes I almost feel bad for the losing team if they're getting their butts kicked like Nebraska is against OU. I guess gone are the days when that was a marquee matchup. 

Flipping back and forth between that game and the Michigan game and saw a couple of Nebraska fans wearing shirts that had "hire Urban Meyer" imprinted on them but I don't think they know what they're asking for.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Flipping back and forth between that game and the Michigan game and saw a couple of Nebraska fans wearing shirts that had "hire Urban Meyer" imprinted on them but I don't think they know what they're asking for.

They know exactly what they're asking for.

A bunch of good ones yesterday:

Penn State over Auburn and Washington knocking off Sparty, good!  Makes the Big 10 a little more ineteresting.

Wake Forest ekes it out by 1 over Liberty.

Oregon rolls BYU, ouch,  Pac 10 relevant again?

Sorry my fellow Canes fans, you honestly thinking you're beating The 12th Man in his house?

Florida by 3 over USF?  Siddown, fakes!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

A bunch of good ones yesterday:

Penn State over Auburn and Washington knocking off Sparty, good!  Makes the Big 10 a little more ineteresting.

Wake Forest ekes it out by 1 over Liberty.

Oregon rolls BYU, ouch,  Pac 10 relevant again?

Sorry my fellow Canes fans, you honestly thinking you're beating The 12th Man in his house?

Florida by 3 over USF?  Siddown, fakes!

Yeah, who did they think they were, App. St.?

• Haha 1

All is not well in East Lansing.  Sparty gets beatdown two weeks in a row,  today by Minnesota, 34-7.  Let's give Mel Tucker another raise, eh?

Siddown, Sooner!  Kansas State beats #6 Oklahoma, 41-34.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

All is not well in East Lansing.  Sparty gets beatdown two weeks in a row,  today by Minnesota, 34-7.  Let's give Mel Tucker another raise, eh?

Siddown, Sooner!  Kansas State beats #6 Oklahoma, 41-34.

Then there's the Canes.

MTSU 45, The U 31.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Then there's the Canes.

MTSU 45, The U 31.

Bwahaha, yeah.  Wunderkind starting QB got pulled for the 2nd half.  It"s going to take Mario (Cristobal, HC) a couple of seasons at least to get things right.

Red River showdown, bwahaha!  Texas blanks OK with 49.  Sooners 0-3 in conference

Tennessee throttles LSU 40-13, nice tune up for 'Bama.

Michigan rolls on.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Red River showdown, bwahaha!  Texas blanks OK with 49.  Sooners 0-3 in conference

Tennessee throttles LSU 40-13, nice tune up for 'Bama.

Michigan rolls on.

Alabama dodged another upset bullet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

Penn State is giving Michigan a run for the money! We are up 17-16 at start of the second half. Good game so far!

Say what?

2 hours ago, blueschica said:

Penn State is giving Michigan a run for the money! We are up 17-16 at start of the second half. Good game so far!

Eesh, Michigan took it to them in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

• The topic was pinned