RIP Old Rush Fan - 2 Years

grep

I am late to post this, as ORFIE passed earlier in August back in 2020.

Rest in peace brother. You are not forgotten. 

• Like 3

A bit of ORFie trivia:  Gary's mother worked at the Willow Run bomber plant during WWII (while also raising his two older brothers).  Clearly his penchant for building aircraft models was an inherited trait.

Her needlepoint work was highly regarded (blue ribbons at fairs, etc.).  In fact, a piece she created to celebrate the U.S. Bicentennial was exhibited at the Smithsonian for a year.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, dream & vapour said:

A bit of ORFie trivia:  Gary's mother worked at the Willow Run bomber plant during WWII (while also raising his two older brothers).  Clearly his penchant for building aircraft models was an inherited trait.

Her needlepoint work was highly regarded (blue ribbons at fairs, etc.).  In fact, a piece she created to celebrate the U.S. Bicentennial was exhibited at the Smithsonian for a year.

I had no idea about that.

Good old Orfie.

• Like 2

Thanks for the thread, grep, and RIP dear Orfie. He was such a sweet guy, and very easy to talk with. We graduated from high school in the same year and enjoyed sharing memories. There was one summer night in there somewhere where he and Lorraine and I had a  conversation about getting older, and summer memories, and it meant a lot to me then, even more now.

• Like 4

One of the the last people I was in contact with when I was still in social media. Totally a guy I would have hung out with. Salt of the earth.

• Like 6