Lerxst on the Beeb...

Lurkst

That was wonderful to hear, thank you Lurkst for the post.

Interesting to put Alex on the spot and name a favourite tune. Perhaps it's the latest attention to Moving Pictures, perhaps it really is one of his favs?

And then to choose a track from Envy Of None. It all seems very spontaneous and honest, nice interview.

For those clicking on the link, make sure you change the last three letters on the URL /m0019 as ygh because the link takes you to the the current Craig Charles show.

But I didn't hear anything about the Beebs?! What about the Beebs? I think Alex and the Beebs would get along like vinegar and water? Canadians aside, honestly I clicked to see what he had to say.

But glad I did. I can never get enough of the guys being interviewed.

Cheers :alex:

14 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Glad you enjoyed it :smile:  The link still takes me to the correct show though :confused:

And apologies for any confusion but over here the Beeb is slang for the BBC and not Justin Bieber :biggrin:

Thank you for that, in Canada it's all about the Beeb. Even coffee shops are "dropping" the new Beeb's Combo and such. 

Almost gives me hives.

On 8/17/2022 at 5:19 AM, Lurkst said:

Glad you enjoyed it :smile:  The link still takes me to the correct show though :confused:

And apologies for any confusion but over here the Beeb is slang for the BBC and not Justin Bieber :biggrin:

Thanks for posting that. Very timely interview that sums up recent events.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:34 PM, Lurkst said:

Unexpected interview with Alex on the Craig Charles show on BBC 6 Music this afternoon. Starts about 1 hour 5 minutes in...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0019ygh

(Our friends across the Atlantic may know Craig better as Dave Lister from Red Dwarf).

A fantastic treat , many thanks

I’ve already listened to this multiple times 👍😎

:alex:

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

He probably made that up for the interview. If someone had asked him in the 80's he would have laughed.

🤔Yeah , I reckon you’re right TD  …

CG is a well known for his love of Soul & Funk.
Plus , my missus watches Coronation Street  ( UK Soap Opera for our US/Canadian friends .. we’ve confused them enough by calling the BBC the ‘ Beeb ‘ LOL ! 🙃😉

and Craig Charles was a regular character for a few years quite recently and I clearly remember him ‘ taking the Micky /p*ss out of/ teasing ‘  another character called Tyrone for listening to Planet Rock (UK classic Hard Rock/Metal Radio station ) !😦🙀

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, treeduck said:

He probably made that up for the interview. If someone had asked him in the 80's he would have laughed.

I'm not so sure, he was on some "tracks of my years" type show recently and picked Xanadu as the favourite song of his teenage years. Got most of it played on BBC daytime radio too, much to my pleasant surprise :biggrin:

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 2

Why would he make it up?  His anecdote about accidentally hitting Alex when getting an autograph back in the 70's seemed genuine to me.  Would be pretty superficial to invent that story.  

Edited by yyz2112