Roger Waters CNN interview

HemiBeers

Roger was whining to his audience at a recent concert that his CNN interview was cut up to make him 'look like a prick'. Well Roger, when you look at yourself in the mirror and think you're a prick, maybe you are one. 

The next move in this chess game was CNN releasing the uncut interview. Your move you washed up old prick.

• Like 1

He’s a brilliant artist and musician.   One of the greatest songwriters in rock & roll.  

BUT…..(there’s always a “but”, isn’t there?)……like many hugely famous entertainers, he let his ego get the best of him.  He’s certainly entitled to his opinions on politics and global issues, but he’s not necessarily right about everything.   Hubris always makes you think that you’re right about everything.  

• Like 3

All I can say is that recently I've been less inclined to go see his show than I would have been before. Frankly, living in these times and living in DC, I'd rather go see a show that isn't related to what's going on in the socio-political spheres right now.  

• Like 2

I love Floyd, I enjoyed seeing The Wall live but I just switch off when Waters starts spouting his opinions.

Just read an article about an open letter he addressed to the first lady of Ukraine... it was not nice...

Honestly, I think he's really lost the plot.

From Vanity Fair...

"Earlier this month, Waters, who regularly leads audiences in the refrain “we don’t need no education,” fired off an open letter to Ukrainian First Lady Olena Zelenska after she appeared in a BBC interview and urged continued support for her country. Waters wrote to condemn “the West continuing to supply arms to the Kiev government’s armies,” suggesting that those who do so “have already declared an interest in the war going on for as long as possible.”

He then added a list of action items she should pass on to her husband (why he’s not kvetching to him directly, I couldn’t tell you) and pinned the war's blame on President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's refusal to accept a policy of appeasement toward Vladimir Putin. “The extreme nationalists,” he wrote, “have set your country on the path to this disastrous war.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/09/roger-waters-ditches-polish-gig-following-controversial-statements-about-ukraine/amp

On 9/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, JARG said:

Saw the show last night. Great concert.

I was at the ATL show. people were quite triggered, some folks in our section left a few songs in and never came back. 

personally, I'm not into a super political musical event of any kind, but musically and visually everything was cool. 

• Like 1

Roger hit every politician this tour ( trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. ) so it wasn't one sided.   It was a great show BUT I thought the 2017 tour was musically better.

• Like 1

Watching clips of Roger's current tour, the video screens are impressive, but I'd be annoyed by all the typed text.  Last thing I want at a rock show is to have to read so much.