RIP Olivia Newton John

Rushman14

23 hours ago, goose said:

I remember having a big crush on her as a kid.  "Please Mister Please" made me melt inside

I was 8 when Grease came out and yep like your goodself Goose 👍

and many, many , many others she was my first sweet & innocent crush 🥰

• Like 2

21 hours ago, custom55 said:

RIP

One of my 🎸 heroes, Steve Lukather played on this track , and in his book ‘ the Gospel according to Luke ‘ he said that Olivia was so natural beautiful inside & out that when he was playing he was so overwhelmed and become almost shy and couldn’t bring himself to look at her when he was recording his solo as her beauty was so in a nice way distracting 🫣🫠😍

• Like 2

My wife is a huge ONJ fan.  She has been weepy the past 24 hours and playing Olivia constantly.  She got to meet her in person in Vegas a few years back...a thrill of lifetime for her.  She has heard from dozens of friends that she hasn't heard from in many years because they thought of my wife first when they heard the news of her passing.

She asked me today if I felt like her when Neil passed.  I told her that I absolutely did.  Then she says to me but I didn't see you cry?  That's right I said, you didn't SEE me cry.

RIP Olivia.

• Like 7

On 8/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Rushman14 said:

RIP to the beautiful singer of the other Xanadu :sad: 

51xsr98LM+L._SY445_.jpg

Xanadu was not as popular as Grease but I saw it multiple times, I just loved it for the song Magic and also loved the opening number by Jeff Lynne and ELO (I'm Alive).  I bought the soundtrack and listened to it over and over.  Olivia was a lovely lady and a generous person, who dedicated her time and money to help other cancer patients.  I was very sad to hear of her passing yesterday :rose:  RIP

• Like 5

On 8/8/2022 at 2:01 PM, Principled Man said:

If you were an older boy/young man (who loved the ladies), growing up in the 70's, how could you NOT love Olivia Newton John?  

HOW?  Please explain it to me....  :biggrin:

Never mind, wrong quote..

Edited by Rhyta

She was beautiful her whole life, I side and out.

RIP

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 5:58 PM, Claude_verret said:

My wife is a huge ONJ fan.  She has been weepy the past 24 hours and playing Olivia constantly.  She got to meet her in person in Vegas a few years back...a thrill of lifetime for her.  She has heard from dozens of friends that she hasn't heard from in many years because they thought of my wife first when they heard the news of her passing.

She asked me today if I felt like her when Neil passed.  I told her that I absolutely did.  Then she says to me but I didn't see you cry?  That's right I said, you didn't SEE me cry.

RIP Olivia.

My half sister is probably devastated.  Grease was her favorite movie as a kid.  I even saw it with her and mom when Paramount re released it in theaters for it's 20th anniversary capitalizing on Travolta's post Pulp Fiction comeback.  It was 2 years before Battleflop Earth so he was still relevant at the time.

Edited by invisible airwave

Before she turned pop she was a country singer.  She challenged the idea that country songs could only be sung by Americans.

She was trailblazer who paved the way for Keith Urban, Kasey Chambers and Melinda Schneider. 

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 1