RIP Olivia Newton John

Rushman14

If you were an older boy/young man (who loved the ladies), growing up in the 70's, how could you NOT love Olivia Newton John?  

HOW?  Please explain it to me....  :biggrin:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

RIP - Some forgot her and Travolta did another movie together.

That movie is a guilty pleasure.

So so sad to hear this news. 

What a beautiful person, what a beautiful singer.

RIP Olivia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

If you were an older boy/young man (who loved the ladies), growing up in the 70's, how could you NOT love Olivia Newton John?  

HOW?  Please explain it to me....  :biggrin:

I remember having a big crush on her as a kid.  "Please Mister Please" made me melt inside

• Like 4

Saw this at work. The only song I really know her from is her Elton John duet, but from how often some of her other hits get praised I knew she was an icon. Rest In Peace.

• Like 1

One of my first and few memories from early elementary school was a school gathering when I was in 2nd grade. The only thing I remember is some girl lip syncing to "Honestly I love you" as her part of the program. I thought it was a pretty song. 

Entertainment Tonight came on right after the news tonight and led with Olivia story and played a segment of that song.  That may have been the only time I've ever heard that song but it took me back to that moment nearly 50 years ago in 2nd grade. That's the power of music.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Inthend said:

One of my first and few memories from early elementary school was a school gathering when I was in 2nd grade. The only thing I remember is some girl lip syncing to "Honestly I love you" as her part of the program. I thought it was a pretty song. 

Entertainment Tonight came on right after the news tonight and led with Olivia story and played a segment of that song.  That may have been the only time I've ever heard that song but it took me back to that moment nearly 50 years ago in 2nd grade. That's the power of music.

I had that song and a few of her others on 45’s.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Missed her fame as it was a bit early for me, but she had a house at Moor Park in London when my rich relatives lived there, in the early 80s. If I`d been a bit older I could have done some old school stalking.

RIP Olivia. :rose:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was sorry to see this! I always liked her voice. She had 2 battles with breast cancer and became a great advocate for cancer patients and causes. I used to work at a bank and my coworker would always sneak the volume up on the easy listening station when she came on!  RIP sweetie.  :rose:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

She had the same effect on me, only with this song. That pre-chorus and chorus are still magic.

Yessir!

• Like 3

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  I liked her, her music, talented acting, and became a fan.  When I was younger, growing up, and watched "Grease", I thought it was awesome, and a classic movie.   In that, her, and John Travolta, worked great with each other, and shared a lot of chemistry, energy, and enthusiasm.  I may've had a crush on her like some other female actresses, and musicians around the same time like Farrah Fawcett.  She will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, to her family, and friends.  R.I.P., Olivia.  

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3