Aaron Judge and the HR record

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Apologies to all the Yankee haters here (actually, sorry not sorry :tongue:), but this is the current list of the all-time single season HR leaders. This is what Judge is chasing.

1. 2001 Barry Bonds: 73
2. 1998 Mark McGwire: 70
3. 1998 Sammy Sosa: 66
4. 1999 Mark McGwire: 65
5. 2001 Sammy Sosa: 64
6. 1999 Sammy Sosa: 63

7. 1961 Roger Maris: 61
8. 1927 Babe Ruth: 60

Judge has 43 HRs in 104 games, 58 games to go.

Seeing who's populating the top six spots on that list, and seeing that those three players did all that in a (very dubious) four-year span, makes me root for Judge to at least get past Maris and up amongst those guys, and while I am a Yankees fan, I say that more as a baseball fan. That top-six pisses me off.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2022-aaron-judge-home-run-pace-tracker

• Like 3

If Judge hits 61 or more homers in 154 games, then he is The One True God.  

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

If Judge hits 61 or more homers in 154 games, then he is The One True God.  

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yeah, that would resurrect that old debate, at least for the baseball purists, though we've been playing 162-game seasons for 61 years now (61!).

Those top six spots should all have an * next to them anyway, and it has nothing to do with games played.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Yeah, that would resurrect that old debate, at least for the baseball purists, though we've been playing 162-game seasons for 61 years now (61!).

Those top six spots should all have an * next to them anyway, and it has nothing to do with games played.

I was born in ‘61, I’m soon to be 61 years old, so I am biased towards Maris and the number 61.  HA!

• Haha 1

Here's hoping he gets the record, his team gets swept in the first round, and he leaves the Yanks, his last memory as a Yankee being his team being booed off the field by the most entitled fans in baseball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Here's hoping he gets the record, his team gets swept in the first round, and he leaves the Yanks, his last memory as a Yankee being his team being booed off the field by the most entitled fans in baseball.

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Apologies to all the Yankee haters here (actually, sorry not sorry :tongue:), but this is the current list of the all-time single season HR leaders. This is what Judge is chasing.

1. 2001 Barry Bonds: 73
2. 1998 Mark McGwire: 70
3. 1998 Sammy Sosa: 66
4. 1999 Mark McGwire: 65
5. 2001 Sammy Sosa: 64
6. 1999 Sammy Sosa: 63

7. 1961 Roger Maris: 61
8. 1927 Babe Ruth: 60

Judge has 43 HRs in 104 games, 58 games to go.

Seeing who's populating the top six spots on that list, and seeing that those three players did all that in a (very dubious) four-year span, makes me root for Judge to at least get past Maris and up amongst those guys, and while I am a Yankees fan, I say that more as a baseball fan. That top-six pisses me off.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2022-aaron-judge-home-run-pace-tracker

So he's 19 away from the record?  And he has 58 games to do it?  I think he will.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

We're not entitled. We're just better than you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, edhunter said:

We're not entitled. We're just better than you

better lol

12 minutes ago, edhunter said:

Then there's this little thing...

I was at games 3 and 4 of this series in Miami

I was glad that the Cubs won a Series 12 years later, just to get that poor guy off the hook. 12 years was a long wait, but better late then never.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, edhunter said:

Yep...

Interesting strategy employed by the White Sox, employing outfielders when their team was at bat.

Edited by laughedatbytime

19 minutes ago, edhunter said:

Is this gonna be a long night? I have an early tee time.

Nah, I'm already too bored to post video of the Yankee fan throwing a ball at Verdugo.   I would have had to stop at 27 anyway because that's the highest number any Yankee fan knows.  And deep down you know that most Yankee fans are frontrunners, bandwagoners or both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cygnus 2112 said:

I don't follow baseball that closely.  Other than the single season record, is he on pace for the all-time record?

The all-time record  is 762. Judge has just over 200HRs and is 30 years old. I'm thinking he won't get there.

19 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

The all-time record  is 762. Judge has just over 200HRs and is 30 years old. I'm thinking he won't get there.

It's either 762* or 755.  He has virtually no chance to get there, especially with his injury history.  I'd say he has about a 50% chance to get to 500.

14 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Home run number 46 tonight, and 100th RBI. Current pace, 66HRs

Yankees still on pace for 117 wins?  :wink:

• Haha 1