RIP Uhura.

invisible airwave

37 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

:rose: Shatner is going to outlive them all, including the kids from 'And The Children Shall Lead'. 

Don't forget Sulu and Chekhov.  Still sad that the young Chekov died in that freak accident and a month before Beyond was released.  One of many deaths that made 2016 a nightmare of a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

:rose: Shatner is going to outlive them all, including the kids from 'And The Children Shall Lead'. 

We have to consider the possibility he will outlive everyone. :old:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Not many of them left now and some of them don't even know each other...

He didn't know Takei, but he damn well tried to know Lt. Piper from 'Menagerie'   :drool:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Keith Richards may have something to say about that.

Come on, he's twelve years younger than Bill. OK, drugs, but you'll still have to do better than that. Anyway, Joanne Linville gave Shatner a run for his money and failed. That was a battle, though. 

Jeffrey Hunter

James Doohan

DeForest Kelly

Grace Lee Whitney

Majel Barrett

Leonard Nimoy

Nichelle Nichols

George Takei

Walter Koenig

William Shatner

3 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Jeffrey Hunter

James Doohan

DeForest Kelly

Grace Lee Whitney

Majel Barrett

Leonard Nimoy

Nichelle Nichols

George Takei

Walter Koenig

William Shatner

Watching the show, you would never think Grace was older than Shatner and Nimoy. :nuts:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Come on, he's twelve years younger than Bill. OK, drugs, but you'll still have to do better than that. Anyway, Joanne Linville gave Shatner a run for his money and failed. That was a battle, though. 

Holy crap! I had no idea Shatner was anywhere near that old. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Holy crap! I had no idea Shatner was anywhere near that old. 

A lot of those guys are getting up there now, Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall, Gene Hackman, Robert Wagner are all in their early 90s. 

11 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Keith Richards may have something to say about that.

Let's not forget Cher and the cockroaches  :biggrin:   It's the old joke about who will be left after a nuclear holocaust, which was what I quoted but someone later added Keith Richards to it, I think I first heard it in the 80's.

Seriously, I am very sad to hear of Nichelle's passing.  I read some tributes to her and learned a few things I didn't know.  She told Roddenberry she was going to quit after the first year of Star Trek and he was upset.  He asked her to think it over, she shouldn't leave because her character was important to the show.  She ended up going to a NAACP fund raiser that weekend and met MLK.  He was a big fan of the show and when she told him of her plans, he said no, please don't, this show is more important than you know.  So she didn't quit after all. Her character was actually 4th in line of command and she later became a Commander in one of the later movies I believe.

She also was involved with NASA, helping recruit Sally Ride, Judith Reznik and others to diversify the program.  She reached a lot of young people who decided to make careers of science and some becoming astronauts.  A wonderful lady who will be missed. :sad::rose: 

• Like 3

I also heard the cockroach joke used about Lemmy ......... and he has passed! But Cher and Keith both look indestructable!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zepphead said:

I also heard the cockroach joke used about Lemmy ......... and he has passed! But Cher and Keith both look indestructable!!

Cher is now officially an android, made of 100% plastic. Even after her bio functions power down for good, her non-biodegradable exoskeleton will be around for thousands of years.

Keith Richards no longer has blood coursing through his veins, just alcohol and embalming fluid now.

RIP Nichelle, you brought a lot of class to the original series cast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

William Shatner was also well aware of Nichols' importance in the show.

When the original script for "Plato's Stepchildren" called for the character of Uhura to kiss Spock, Shatner demanded that HIS character, Kirk, be the one who kissed her. Spock got to kiss Nurse Chapel.

Shatner got his way. He was the Star of the show, you know.  :glare:

• Like 1