The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Sheffield Wednesday really did do something cool last night. Lose the first leg 4-0, then win the second leg 5-1 and grab a place a the play-off final after a 5-3 penalty triumph. I watched some of it and I couldn`t care less who won, but that didn`t stop me screaming when they equalised for 4-4 in the eighth minute of six added minutes - the referees just want the drama sometimes, regardless of the watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Jagielonia 1 Cracovia 1 :rolleyes: The team is no longer the equivalent of Tottenham, 9th place now. 

We`re doing everything we can. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It would appear that I`m pinning my sporting hopes on this summer`s Ashes. Even a 5-0 defeat would be more enjoyable than the football season. 

But let`s not be down-hearted. Managers can change things much much quicker than the tabloid narrative would have us believe. De Zerbi didn`t need long to turn Potter`s toothless Brighton into tigers, did he?

• Like 1

Do we agree it's Leeds and Leicester for the drop, with Everton escaping by the skin of their teeth?

Ibanez Jem -- will you be rooting for your club to send down the the damned United, or will you be cheering on your sidepiece club to survive (since piling misery on Spurs is redundant at this point, anyway)?

And, more importantly, which team has more players with Polish connections? :biggrin:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Do we agree it's Leeds and Leicester for the drop, with Everton escaping by the skin of their teeth?

Ibanez Jem -- will you be rooting for your club to send down the the damned United, or will you be cheering on your sidepiece club to survive (since piling misery on Spurs is redundant at this point, anyway)?

And, more importantly, which team has more players with Polish connections? :biggrin:

Does that include eating pierogis? 

On 5/26/2023 at 11:54 AM, Nova Carmina said:

I do like teams to be taught a lesson... Leeds fired Bielsa, so I`m angry with them still. However - Everton in the Championship would be the feelgood story of the year! And Leicester relegated seven years after the title win? Beautiful! :thumbsup: Leeds to stay up would be preferable, especially as a result in their favour  keeps Spurs away from the European Conference League (which we would barely pay lip service to). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

It would be the most "Liverpool '23" thing imaginable for the Reds to go up 2-0 and still contrive to lose this match.

It`s also very Arsenal to now be playing without fear, 3-0 up. Wouldn`t be if the title was on the line. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

According to Deloitte, Spurs are the ninth most valuable club (£2.2b), and second worldwide regarding income (£443m). 8th in the PL probably counts as "disappointing". :eh:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

According to Deloitte, Spurs are the ninth most valuable club (£2.2b), and second worldwide regarding income (£443m). 8th in the PL probably counts as "disappointing". :eh:

Bloody disastrous, I'd say. You think it's time to cut loose from Kane and Son?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Bloody disastrous, I'd say. You think it's time to cut loose from Kane and Son?  

It`s time to knock the stadium down and sell the players for scientific experiments. 

• Like 1

That United penalty though... it drove my girlfriend outside into the sunshine. She`s seen quite enough of this whenever her side played Olympiakos. :facepalm:

15 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

It`s time to knock the stadium down and sell the players for scientific experiments. 

And you're not a death metal head?  :confused:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Thoughts on your new Aussie boss? How do you feel about the taste of Fosters?

And how about that 80 million euro offer from Real for Kane? Peanuts, right?  

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned