The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I'm mildly amused by how Spurs have again fired a "guaranteed winner" coach and replaced him with a caretaker manager (with ten games to go). Levy has very cunningly appointed Christian Stellini rather than Ryan Mason, which should shut up any fans that might think we've effectively gone nowhere in those two years. :clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Is it safe to say that I'm the only one at TRF who is watching North Macedonia vs Faroe Islands?  :cool:

I don`t think that you needed to address your remark purely to TRF. :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The disharmony derby on Monday, Everton v Spurs. If the players are all as happy as reports suggest, now Conte`s reign of terror has ended, it could be a feast of free flowing football. Apart from the Dyche-managed XI. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

The disharmony derby on Monday, Everton v Spurs. If the players are all as happy as reports suggest, now Conte`s reign of terror has ended, it could be a feast of free flowing football. Apart from the Dyche-managed XI. 

Harry should have a feast.  :smile:

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, Nova Carmina said:

Just popping 'round to say that St. Louis City SC have opened the MLS season at 5-0-0! 

How did you know they weren't going to get to 6-0-0?  :tongue:

Cracovia 1 Widzew 1 :moon: One of those games when you lead 1-0 and of course time-waste. Then the other team ties the game and you start playing again, but it's kind of difficult given the fact you're in added time already.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Just a snack, I'm afraid.  :eh:

The last twenty minutes of that match... I`m not a man prone to hyperbole but it was the worst I`ve seen Spurs play; a rotten match but the last twenty was truly excruciating. Against ten men of a relegation-threatened side, by players "desperate" to prove they are able to see out a winning position to show Conte was wrong, that they are able to play under pressure, that they can pass a spherical object to each other... :facepalm: 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:55 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Cracovia 1 Widzew 1 :moon: One of those games when you lead 1-0 and of course time-waste. Then the other team ties the game and you start playing again, but it's kind of difficult given the fact you're in added time already.  :rolleyes:

Yes, time-wasting, that`s the answer. Nothing worse than going for 2-0.

• Like 1

Massive giant-killing by Spurs! Which is the healthiest way to deal with the reality that we are embarrassingly inferior to Brighton, and needed them to have two goals ruled out + fairly clear-cut pen + both managers sent off (which probably affected Brighton more than Spurs). :facepalm:

However improbable it feels, one has to believe positive change can happen.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

I`m not sure that Klopp`s got another season in him at his current club. Except for everyone being late to everything, there`s just nothing happening. Won`t anybody stop Arsenal? :fistscrying:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

I`m not sure that Klopp`s got another season in him at his current club. Except for everyone being late to everything, there`s just nothing happening. Won`t anybody stop Arsenal? :fistscrying:

That's right, Arsenal. Bring on Kiwior.  :laugh2: 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Define "stop," though . . . 

Doesn't get us much closer to top four, but still felt good, considering the relative trajectories.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Define "stop," though . . . 

Doesn't get us much closer to top four, but still felt good, considering the relative trajectories.

In my defence (a legitimate defence rather than the referee bias Spurs need), it was 2-0 when I posted. I didn`t realise Xhaka would think it was getting boring and he should mess about with TAA, thus sparking the Kop into full voice and the players into action. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned