The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

MVG tearing up the Premier League. --> In darts. <-- That's for Nova Carmina's benefit. 

What am I, the remedial poster?  :tongue:  I'm aware of your dedication to fringe sport! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

What am I, the remedial poster?  :tongue:  I'm aware of your dedication to fringe sport! 

I didn't want you to think he plays for Arsenal.  :bolt: 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Tell me more about this here Europe League, then? Asking for a friend.

It`s awful, but it does mean you can win some easy games in Europe and also set your clock by the consistency of fixtures on the following Sunday. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Conte doesn't seem to be handling today's result too well. Considering how well the team did during his recent absence, his tantrum may be ill timed?

They bloody broke Bednarek's rib. :moon: He was the best...national anthem singer. :moon:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Conte doesn't seem to be handling today's result too well. Considering how well the team did during his recent absence, his tantrum may be ill timed?

Not one of the greatest pep talks, I`ll agree. 

The strangest thing about this season from a Spurs viewpoint, is that one is normally well served by believing the evidence of one`s own eyes. So do I believe the miserable performances on field and unhappiness throughout the club and stadium? Or 15 wins and being third top-scorers in the league with 52 goals, and sitting in 4th place? :ohmy:

Italy vs England tomorrow, but with two teams qualifying from the group, it won't perk up Simon's interest. Tell a lie, it wouldn't perk him up whatever the case...all that diving, aka simulation.  :blush: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Italy vs England tomorrow, but with two teams qualifying from the group, it won't perk up Simon's interest. Tell a lie, it wouldn't perk him up whatever the case...all that diving, aka simulation.  :blush: 

I don`t intend to watch, despite your provocative entreating.  I`m focusing my time on refreshing the Spurs Manager News page. :blast: :rage:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t intend to watch, despite your provocative entreating.  I`m focusing my time on refreshing the Spurs Manager News page. :blast: :rage:

Is Luis Enrique still an option? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Is Luis Enrique still an option? 

Well, we are all options too, technically.  As I`ve mentioned I would like Poch to return; it`s as close as this atheist will get to a second coming. :yes:

• Like 1

England, feeling cocky, decide to play badly, then double-down on the dare and lose a man; still find a way to cling to victory. That's gotta be a confidence builder going forward, huh?

• The topic was unpinned