The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

39 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

The world is conspiring to divide us. First I have that ultimately crazy Polish girlfriend, now I hear Arsenal are going to sign Jakub Kiwior. We are into irreconcilable differences territory. :huh:

He's had a bad World Cup, so if he makes the team, he might be the designer of many misfortunes at the back end for the Gunners. :smile:

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 2:41 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Paulo Bento next main man at the helm of Poland's national team? Likes counter-attacking style. We've done this over and over again.  :facepalm:  

Classic appointment policy - every other coach has to be Portuguese and named Paulo. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Classic appointment policy - every other coach has to be Portuguese and named Paulo. :thumbsup:

Now they're saying maybe the deal is off. Damn press. :moon: One thing we can be sure of, Allen squeezes by Trump. :smile: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hmmm, I think I'll have a peak at that. :popcorn:

Good call. There`s nothing more fun than watching a top London team playing sexy football under the floodlights, coached by a dynamic manager and scoring goals for fun.

Sadly, this all applies to Fulham. :fistscrying: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

It's not Bento, It's Santos, I think. With Milik flying high in Serie A, will he put Lewandowski on the bench? 

I`d bench him for that horrible penalty in Qatar. :yes:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Good call. There`s nothing more fun than watching a top London team playing sexy football under the floodlights, coached by a dynamic manager and scoring goals for fun.

Sadly, this all applies to Fulham. :fistscrying: 

After watching Romania's top match, Farul-Cluj, I'm somewhat starved for more football. Up the Irons, Spurs!   :pirate:   

• Like 1

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

Kane with another beauty. Son lucky to have stayed on the pitch after that challenge in the first half. Kulusevski would've won a penalty in any other league match. 

Fulham are a decent side and we, most definitely, are not. Conte is some way short of creating a cohesive unit. Kane continues to cover a multitude of sins. 

• Like 1

Cholecystitis, Antonio? Look dude, if you want to quit just quit. No need to make up conditions. Your gall bladder isn`t the reason we`ve been playing badly, but at this point, all options have to be considered. :pirate:

• Like 1

I've come to understand this supposed incompetence as elaborate performance art, to remind LFC fans how life is fleeting, and tomorrow we may die.

That, or it's a complex scheme to relegate Everton by losing to all the teams at the bottom of the table, thus allowing them to surpass the Toffees.

:facepalm:

On 2/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, Nova Carmina said:

I've come to understand this supposed incompetence as elaborate performance art, to remind LFC fans how life is fleeting, and tomorrow we may die.

That, or it's a complex scheme to relegate Everton by losing to all the teams at the bottom of the table, thus allowing them to surpass the Toffees.

:facepalm:

I don`t know what to tell you. Results this weekend have been surprising, with the possible exception of Liverpool. The way they are defending doesn`t appear to need huge tactical genius to fix - they aren`t clearing the ball from their box very well. :sad: 

• Like 1

Premier League Reflections, Vol. IV Episode XXI.

Guardiola has previously stated he would walk away immediately if he found that City had been misleading him with their answers regarding firstly UEFA`s, and now the PL`s, investigations into FFP "abuses".

Jesse Marsch will not get the chance to improve Leeds, which I feel conflicted about unless Marcelo Bielsa returns.

How come Spurs have won five in a row at home against City, conceding no goals in the process, but they can`t make a really good strawberry milkshake?

Why was Man Utd`s hapless spell funny, whereas Liverpool`s just seems sad?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Premier League Reflections, Vol. IV Episode XXI.

Guardiola has previously stated he would walk away immediately if he found that City had been misleading him with their answers regarding firstly UEFA`s, and now the PL`s, investigations into FFP "abuses".

Jesse Marsch will not get the chance to improve Leeds, which I feel conflicted about unless Marcelo Bielsa returns.

How come Spurs have won five in a row at home against City, conceding no goals in the process, but they can`t make a really good strawberry milkshake?

Why was Man Utd`s hapless spell funny, whereas Liverpool`s just seems sad?

RE: #1 Pep is a pratt, who just so happens to know how to coach 1%ers. Pasties to pounds, he finds a way to justify the FFP fiddling.

#2 Feel bad for my compatriot Marsch, but the relegation whirlpool is looming

#3 Strawberry milkshakes are surprisingly hard to get right; the balance of sweet to sour is a tricky one

#4 Because the Universe is ultimately a just and righteous place

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Ekstraklasa referees will get a 17% financial raise next season.  :blink:

Anywhere near to the £70k the PL refs get for running about and having all the tricky decisions checked by someone else?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:51 AM, IbanezJem said:

Anywhere near to the £70k the PL refs get for running about and having all the tricky decisions checked by someone else?

But still that's nothing compared to Harry Kane's paczki business. :drool:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned