The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Not one British fan was arrested during this World Cup. Lack of beer?   :cheers:  

I suspect the thought of incarceration in somewhere like Qatar is enough to deter even the most hardened football hooligan!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, zepphead said:

I suspect the thought of incarceration in somewhere like Qatar is enough to deter even the most hardened football hooligan!

Football hooligan or rainbow activist.  :ninja:

• Like 2

Gianni Infantino has just announced that thanks to everyone involved in Qatar, this has been the best World Cup ever.

So, hooray - thanks to FIFA and Qatar, people of all creed, religion and sexual orientation can proudly walk hand in hand in an atmosphere of peace love and harmony along the streets of Qatar.

STOP STOP .... Breaking news ..... Being part of the LGBT+ community is still a crime in Qatar punishable by imprisonment or even death. Woman have next to no rights whatsoever, but hey - the Qatari men love a good game of football.

Infantino by name, infantile by nature.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Gianni Infantino has just announced that thanks to everyone involved in Qatar, this has been the best World Cup ever.

So, hooray - thanks to FIFA and Qatar, people of all creed, religion and sexual orientation can proudly walk hand in hand in an atmosphere of peace love and harmony along the streets of Qatar.

STOP STOP .... Breaking news ..... Being part of the LGBT+ community is still a crime in Qatar punishable by imprisonment or even death. Woman have next to no rights whatsoever, but hey - the Qatari men love a good game of football.

Nicely said. :glare:

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

I'd guess Qatar spent a lot of money, some of it to FIFA, to get the games there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zepphead said:

It's tragic how human beings are treated in the Middle East. It's safe to say Graham Chapman never visited the region, except under the disguise of Brian. :ninja:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fordgalaxy said:

I'd guess Qatar spent a lot of money, some of it to FIFA, to get the games there. 

I wonder how much of it went into Infantino's sky rocket?

2 hours ago, Fordgalaxy said:

No need to guess - the facts are out there. 16 of the 22 members of the FIFA Executive Committee were charged with various acts of theft, dishonesty, fraud and so on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Screw ThieFA and all those corrupt pricks.  Thank God Boxing Day is a little more than a week away and the Premier League starts back up.

It`s been a really good World Cup. Shame that 6,500 had to die building the stadiums and infrastructure to make it happen. FIFA seem to be pretty comfortable with their decision, and there`s enough money from the trough regurgitated back to UK and US companies to make it almost impossible for the Qataris to be solely blamed. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

This is largely as I predicted except Croatia won.  

Should I prepare for irritating French celebration videos of dancing in the Champs Elysee? :zzz:  I don`t want that. I don`t want Messi to win either. Argentina to win but Messi injured early on, that appears to be the only acceptable resolution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Should I prepare for irritating French celebration videos of dancing in the Champs Elysee? :zzz:  I don`t want that. I don`t want Messi to win either. Argentina to win but Messi injured early on, that appears to be the only acceptable resolution.

Yeah, like Ronaldo at EURO 2016. 

• Like 1

Though I don't much  care for either side, it does feel like the right two teams have reached the final.  Early there is tension in every pass 

Argentina applying the early pressure... :popcorn:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

• The topic was unpinned