The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I dusted off the old magnifying glass earlier, in an attempt to examine the Argentina/Aussie match more closely, but I still couldn`t locate my interest in the outcome. I suppose it would be fun to see Messi out, but I do like Argentina. I don`t care about Australia, but they will provide easy prey for a proper team later on so it`s fine if they go through. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova Carmina said:

Well, here I am, all cried out. :drink::fistscrying:

I've got Argentina v. Australia on, but I may switch to the TCU/KSU game. Not feeling this, and since the Argies just scored, that's probably the match.

But someone might break Messi`s legs, so I`m going to commit to the match. :hockey2:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Considering the competition so far, I'll reserve judgement. 

Yes, once he`s scored as many as Rashford and Gapko and Valencia, we`ll revisit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Then you're revisiting now?  :huh:  

Nah. I`ve revised my view and we`ll discuss when he`s scored an outrageous cheaty goal and a running-rings-around-them-all goal in the same match. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Netherlands versus Argentina though. Oo-er, I mean... blimey. That`s a real WC match, with two inferior versions of those great football countries. :glare:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Nah. I`ve revised my view and we`ll discuss when he`s scored an outrageous cheaty goal and a running-rings-around-them-all goal in the same match. :thumbsup:

He tried to pull off a Maradona versus England today, didn't go according to plan.  :fistscrying:

• Like 1

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

He tried to pull off a Maradona versus England today, didn't go according to plan.  :fistscrying:

Yes, a decent effort. He must have wished two of the players were Peter Reid and Terry Fenwick. :drool:

• Like 1

Once again missed all the football. My heart sank when I heard that Argentina won. Come on Oranje!!! Come on Virgil!! I so hope you win!!! 

As for tomorrow, I expect England to win...... But the France v Poland match is an intriguing one. If France get into stride they will be hard to stop, but if Poland can mess them about, the French temperament is a bit dodgy. As I am still on the razz I will no doubt fail to see either game!! 

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

Once again missed all the football. My heart sank when I heard that Argentina won. Come on Oranje!!! Come on Virgil!! I so hope you win!!! 

As for tomorrow, I expect England to win...... But the France v Poland match is an intriguing one. If France get into stride they will be hard to stop, but if Poland can mess them about, the French temperament is a bit dodgy. As I am still on the razz I will no doubt fail to see either game!! 

Holland, yes. England, yes. And I like your even-keeled prediction of France vs Poland, but how are we to "mess them up?" We're going to be Danny Glover fighting against seven...eleven Predators. :rose:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Memo to Poland - sorry to say but you`ve been a bit disappointing so far. Some say the most negative side of them all. This is your moment! Matty Cash vs Mbappe? Pah, is that all you`ve got, you cheese-eating surrender monkeys? :blast:

• Haha 2

Results pretty much went to form. Needless to say I saw none of the action but by all reports I read, both England and France performed well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zepphead said:

Results pretty much went to form. Needless to say I saw none of the action but by all reports I read, both England and France performed well. 

I was busy all day and caught none of today's action.  Looks like there were no surprises.

• Like 1

Finally watching the day's highlights and, my lord, how did that Polish assault at 37 minutes not yield them a goal?!?  

(Not that it would have changed the ultimate outcome)

Tuned into Japan-Croatia around minute 33:00 to see the diminutive Japan's extended, surgically deliberate attack through what looks like a thick forest of Croatian defenders.  Beautiful to watch!

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned