The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

I was working on my NFL weekly picks and realized the match had started.  I switch the match on, see ten seconds of Netherlands artfully passing it up the pitch with little USA challenge and...GOAL!  :laugh:

So, should I continue watching the likely rout or go back to the betting sharps of YouTube?  :tongue:

• Like 1

What is going on? Why are the US of A not running faster, pressurising the indolent Dutch? You can`t counter a team that sits back in a low, slow block by showing them that you can also play slowly. 

Also, stop being crap when you get chances too. :facepalm:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

What is going on? Why are the US of A not running faster, pressurising the indolent Dutch? You can`t counter a team that sits back in a low, slow block by showing them that you can also play slowly. 

Also, stop being crap when you get chances too. :facepalm:

We're outmatched

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Sometimes, sport can be that simple. 

Yep.  It was evident early in the complete lack of concern shown on Dutch faces.  The outcome was never in doubt.

Confession:  I took a sunny hike in the crisp winter air with the wife and dog instead of watching the second 45 minutes.  :ninja:

As we walked in, wife asks me what I think will be the score.  "3-1" I say.  "We'll get a junk goal"  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It really was a "whomever takes the lead, wins" game. Which the stats suggested it would be. I hate to say it, but Pulisic - that early miss will take some hours from his next few nights sleep.

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned