The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

When Poland gets eliminated, we're going to be real pals.  :fistbump:  

Look at the big quitter, top of the group and no goals conceded, main man on fire and you speak of elimination! :wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Look at the big quitter, top of the group and no goals conceded, main man on fire and you speak of elimination! :wink:

Wojciech Kowalczyk says the next game for Poland will be their last at this World Cup. People born on the same date as me are never wrong... :doh:

6am in Fort Lauderdale, body clock messed up and just catching up on yesterday's results. Big surprise at the Belgium result! As for Germany, they seem to be just clinging on. Final day of that group will be interesting. 

It's going to take a bit of getting used to the kick off times of these games. Half time already in the first game ffs. I'll pop in later. Better go back to tourist mode! :sundog:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, zepphead said:

6am in Fort Lauderdale, body clock messed up and just catching up on yesterday's results. Big surprise at the Belgium result! As for Germany, they seem to be just clinging on. Final day of that group will be interesting. 

It's going to take a bit of getting used to the kick off times of these games. Half time already in the first game ffs. I'll pop in later. Better go back to tourist mode! :sundog:

The tough part of your travel leg is over!  :7up:

It's 4am Pacific time and I awake to see that I missed a fantastic Cameroon-Serbia match.  Might have to replay that one.  

2 hours ago, goose said:

The tough part of your travel leg is over!  :7up:

It's 4am Pacific time and I awake to see that I missed a fantastic Cameroon-Serbia match.  Might have to replay that one.  

It would be worth it to watch; I caught the second half, and it was good stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose said:

Well, we knew they weren't going to miss them all, didn't we?  

:notworthy:. Brasil. :notworthy:

I confess, to my eternal shame, that I probably derived more glee from the VAR decision and the faces of the crestfallen fans than from the actual goals. I know, I`m a bad bad man. 

• Haha 1

So we`re halfway through the World Cup. 32 games gone, 32 to go. I feel like I`ve ordered the entire menu at a fast food restaurant and need to lug a bottle of colon cleanser before I sit back down again. I`ve had my fill. Thankfully, much like I would be doing at the table, the pace slows down a little now. The sweetest dishes are yet to be served.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

What did they open? I didn`t go out so I missed it. :confused:

Robertson almost opened a head of one of the fans with his stick for getting up while Neil was taking a shot.  :ninja:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Robertson almost opened a head of one of the fans with his stick for getting up while Neil was taking a shot.  :ninja:

Blimey. Ronnie knocked in a three minute century too. 

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

Seems like I missed some good games today. 

I suspect I will see very little tomorrow which is a shame as I really wanted to see the England/Wales game not to mention the US game whilst in the US.... But we embark tomorrow afternoon so will see nothing. Enjoy the football you guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

:unsure:

Well, you can`t totally disregard the idea of enjoying it... I suspect that a fired-up Iran is a bitch of an opponent though. Everyone`s favourite German, Jurgen Klinsmann, got himself in a jam by calling it as he sees it. Eric Wynalda seems to think USA have no chance and it`s all because of the lack of importance placed upon winning in US Sport - something to do with the lack of peril, tl:dr.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Well, you can`t totally disregard the idea of enjoying it... I suspect that a fired-up Iran is a bitch of an opponent though. Everyone`s favourite German, Jurgen Klinsmann, got himself in a jam by calling it as he sees it. Eric Wynalda seems to think USA have no chance and it`s all because of the lack of importance placed upon winning in US Sport - something to do with the lack of peril, tl:dr.

And we're giving them billions of dollars, and not in a dead of night anymore, mind you. Brilliant. 

• The topic was unpinned