The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

38 minutes ago, goose said:

Which islands?

Bahamas, Barbados, St. Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Lucia. Can't wait!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Nice! Have a great time!

Thanks blueschica! This was a holiday postponed because of covid, so its been a long time coming.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Bahamas, Barbados, St. Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Lucia. Can't wait!

I went to St Thomas when I was 4 (I had relatives living in Puerto Rico). I doubt anyone will remember me. :laugh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

They used to be called the Virgin Islands -- then Zepphead visited! :drink:

:blush:   Sorry about that. Nova Carmina was a bit too excited about tomorrow's Costa Rica-Japan match. 

• Like 1

Courtois does have a weakness. Morocco deserve it so far - Belgians under Martinez look great on paper, but unfortunately the paper is dated 2018.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Oh, Canada!

:cheer:

What's the World Cup record for fastest goal?

Instinct tells me it was Bryan Robson for England in 1982 after 27 seconds, but the facts might say otherwise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Instinct tells me it was Bryan Robson for England in 1982 after 27 seconds, but the facts might say otherwise.

Yeah, against France. I remember it well. But then of course I remember the entire tournament very well, for good reason.  :rr:  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I looked it up and it was 2002, Turkey against S Korea at eleven seconds!  There were ten goals listed under the 1-minute mark

https://olympics.com/en/news/fastest-goal-in-fifa-world-cup-football-player-time

• Like 3

Canada have a big problem. I don`t remember anyone coming back against Croatia from 2-1 down as they can never get the ball for long enough. Modric is like a snake charmer, he just seems to bend the game to his will.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, goose said:

I looked it up and it was 2002, Turkey against S Korea at eleven seconds!  There were ten goals listed under the 1-minute mark

https://olympics.com/en/news/fastest-goal-in-fifa-world-cup-football-player-time

Oh, yeah. The third-place match. I was recording the whole tournament, and I remember falling asleep before the game and waking up right after Turkey scored. I turned on the VCR late, so I ended up not getting the complete World Cup on my VHS tapes.  :banghead:

• Like 1

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

:musik19: O :musik19: R :musik19: A :musik19: T :musik19: A

And to think, everyone says he is terrible. His international record is 1 in 2, which is pretty good considering his teammates have no idea what to do with a striker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

If a chance comes along to remove Germany from the tournament, you have to seize it Spain! Seize it! Admittedly it wouldn`t quite eliminate them tonight. But we can all dream.

Spain can still do it. They can lose to Japan, but only if Germany is putting up a crooked number on Costa Rica. :firedevil: But not too crooked. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

One good thing about Germany`s chaotic style is it should prevent Spain from turning the stadium into one giant yawn factory, with their "passing", "possession" and "movement".

I actually love watching that Tiqui-Taca shit, lol

#thebeautifulgame

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned