The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Like a punctured inflatable doll, it seems like Mexico are slowly diminishing.

They won`t make the round of Mexico - I mean, the round of 16 - if they don`t get something. I`m shocked by how limited they`ve been. As soon as the game opens up and you get some time it should be easier, but they`ve looked a lot worse. Hard to feel sorry for then when they had the opportunity to kill a big opponent. I`m sure that the Mexican public will be completely understanding of the approach taken by their Argentinian coach, Martino.

• Like 2

Just now, zepphead said:

I must hasten to say .... when I talk about punctured inflatable dolls, it is purely from my imagination! :wink:

What`s wrong with a balloon, eh? You had to make it sleazy. :bitchslap:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IbanezJem said:

They won`t make the round of Mexico - I mean, the round of 16 - if they don`t get something. I`m shocked by how limited they`ve been. As soon as the game opens up and you get some time it should be easier, but they`ve looked a lot worse. Hard to feel sorry for then when they had the opportunity to kill a big opponent. I`m sure that the Mexican public will be completely understanding of the approach taken by their Argentinian coach, Martino.

:blast:

• Like 1

What`s wrong with a balloon, eh? You had to make it sleazy. :bitchslap:

I'm partial to a couple of big balloons!

• Like 1

Just now, zepphead said:

End of story now. In fairness, most of the second half has been much better.

Much, much better

Though down the stretch, rather than work to take Argentina out,  Mexico seemed content to take their chances next match and hope for the best

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

6 minutes of injury time when the game is over. It`s like being stuck at a Grateful Dead concert. 

Those of Us Who Love the Dead

• Like 1

Just realised - VAR has been very quiet, There`s seven guys sitting in that room... either they`ve got company or they`ve put a movie on.

drunk as skunks

• Like 1

Well guys, my participation in this mighty thread may be sporadic for the next two weeks ....... missus and I off on a Caribbean cruise in the morning. I will attempt to keep up with matches.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

The celeste y blanco should not worry anyone though. Even Poland - yes, I`m looking at you Blackhawkrush. 

Would've liked maybe one more goal from Argentina, but that's the goal differential we'll have to work with.  :scared:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Would've liked maybe one more goal from Argentina, but that's the goal differential we'll have to work with.  :scared:

Now Lewy`s got his pot boiling, you need not be afraid. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Well guys, my participation in this mighty thread may be sporadic for the next two weeks ....... missus and I off on a Caribbean cruise in the morning. I will attempt to keep up with matches.

Nice :cool:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Which islands?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Nice! Have a great time!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

But what's in it? Let's hope it's not macaroni and cheese. :puke:

Some authentic Polski dish. He has saved all his goals for this tournament, so I reckon he should get about 7 more. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• The topic was unpinned