The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Poland vs Saudi Arabia. I`m not going to lie to you, this would be the kind of game I would normally skip. But Saudi Arabia were very watchable - hate the regime, not the players - and Poland were... well... they need a win. Can their talisman deliver against the weakest opposition he`s faced since childhood? 

Surprise penalty decision, or at least a surprise to anyone who`s seen football before 2022. Another awful pen which is far less surprising - how many of those now in this tournament? :facepalm:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Poland 2 Saudi Arabia 0  :ROCK:  Tears of joy from Lewandowski. He finally gets one!  

But did he, really?  :blink:

That was the kind of gift goal you give your 3yo nephew at a summer family reunion :tongue:

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Surprise penalty decision, or at least a surprise to anyone who`s seen football before 2022. Another awful pen which is far less surprising - how many of those now in this tournament? :facepalm:

Pretty bad when the keeper can guess wrong and still make the save

Great play by Szczesny

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, goose said:

But did he, really?  :blink:

That was the kind of gift goal you give your 3yo nephew at a summer family reunion :tongue:

You didn't expect one of our midfielders to get it to him, did you?  :tongue:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

You didn't expect one of our midfielders to get it to him, did you?  :tongue:

:laugh:

I'm convinced! How about we rank it just behind Richarlisan's acrobatic goal and Muntari's historic goal for Qatar?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose said:

:laugh:

I'm convinced! How about we rank it just behind Richarlisan's acrobatic goal and Muntari's historic goal for Qatar?

I'm sure most of Poland will. There's a saying, "They don't ask how, just how many'" :smile: 

• Like 2

I've forgone most of the footie today for my beloved horse racing...... but this France match is superb!

Two quality teams playing good football.

I am looking forward to the  next game ........ Viva Mexico!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Australia only needs a draw in their last game to advance, and if Poland wins Group C:drool:...I'm getting a little ahead of myself...way ahead of myself. 

I've literally just skipped through highlights .... great result for both teams.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Argentinian goes down like a sack of spuds, holding his mouth ...... bad toothache or just a cheat?

He`d better be cheating! I`m already torn between my traditional love of Argentina and my dislike of Messi. If they play fairly, what`s there to like? :rage:

• Haha 2

• The topic was unpinned