The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

13 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Looking forward to this game.

Normally I don't bet on football but Sky Bet and Paddy Power gave me two free bets on the England V USA. (One for £1 one for £5)

Both are betbuilders so you have to pick a number of scenarios (eg winner, no. of corners, offsides etc.)

So, I an cheering for an England win, with a few goals and loads of corners lol!

It`s possibly a very decent wager. I would expect England to play quite wide... whether they fall over at that point is out of your hands, of course.

5 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I recognise that England. They lost 0-4 to Hungary a couple of months ago. :laugh:

not great so far

• Like 2

Yanks, with lots of good chances during the first 45, having early chances as well so far in the second 45 minutes.  Just need to get those final strikes down a bit.

• Like 2

McKennie`s been linked with Spurs during the last couple of transfer windows. With all due respect, we`ve got plenty of energetic midfielders who can hammer it over the bar, thanks. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zepphead said:

not great so far

Aggressive English tackling yet to a draw a yellow card.  Frustrating when your US team has four men playing with a card already

1 minute ago, goose said:

Yanks, with lots of good chances during the first 45, having early chances as well so far in the second 45 minutes.  Just need to get those final strikes down a bit.

they may regret those missed chances

Just now, goose said:

Some very poor midfield from the US leading to English chances.  Yanks look gassed

They’ve put everything in. Unlike England who must be falling for their own publicity. 

• Like 1

Just now, zepphead said:

USA fully deserved something from that game.

England were pretty poor I thought.

So bad you couldn't take it off that late game silver platter we offered!  :laugh:

• Like 2

Just now, goose said:

So bad you couldn't take it off that late game silver platter we offered!  :laugh:

For 'you' please substitute 'they' ........ I am from N. Ireland lol!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zepphead said:

For 'you' please substitute 'they' ........ I am from N. Ireland lol!!

Exactly. It all depends on whether I am pleased or annoyed as to whether I support the country of my birth or not.  :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned