The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

27 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm hoping that the English are spent from those efforts, and they'll need a match to recover.

It did seem to be a fairly nice stroll in an air-conditioned stadium from about 30 minutes.  The possibility of Maguire missing through injury though, that`s a ... a... erm... England`ll be okay. 

Indeed. Virgil continues to be sloppy. Where has his form disappeared to?

I am hoping for a better game later when the Welsh dragons take on the U. S. of A.

• Like 2

You guys (well, perhaps not Blackhawkrush, unless he's watching on one of his dodgy Russian proxy streams) are lucky you don't have to watch the Fox Sports coverage and between-action blather; Alexei Lalas continues to be a world-class t**t.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

You guys (well, perhaps not Blackhawkrush, unless he's watching on one of his dodgy Russian proxy streams) are lucky you don't have to watch the Fox Sports coverage and between-action blather; Alexei Lalas continues to be a world-class t**t.

Bwahaha, I'm blessed that I can switch that moron off and watch matches on Telemundo, with the incomporable Andres Cantor:

• Like 1

Just now, pjbear05 said:

Bwahaha, I'm blessed that I can switch that moron off and watch matches on Telemundo, with the incomporable Andres Cantor:

Thank god Lalas is not doing the byplay, just the "studio" work, so I can mute that (and then just stare at your gal, Katie Abdo).  Cantor also drives me nuts, but for different reasons.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm just ignoring this vicious whisper campaign against the beloved VvD. I'll hear nothing against the Great Leader!

You should be thankful he didn`t have to find a way to shackle Sadio Mane... you may remember him. :glare:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Thank god Lalas is not doing the byplay, just the "studio" work, so I can mute that (and then just stare at your gal, Katie Abdo).  Cantor also drives me nuts, but for different reasons.

Oh, that`s where Kate is these days. A fine journalist. Very fine indeed. We have Melissa Reddy now, to fulfil a similar function. :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I caught the German telecast for the Holland-Senegal game. Very nice feed, thank you very much.  :cool:

Rather a patronising view of the US team from all UK journalists - apparently, your team is very energetic, disciplined and determined, but almost completely talentless. This appears to be a similar view offered back in the 90s and not one I share of the contemporary outfit.

I would prefer Wales lose, as they are an intolerable bunch of jingoistic blowhards when they sniff achievement... something also usually applied to US sportsmen. :laugh::bolt:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Rather a patronising view of the US team from all UK journalists - apparently, your team is very energetic, disciplined and determined, but almost completely talentless. This appears to be a similar view offered back in the 90s and not one I share of the contemporary outfit.

I would prefer Wales lose, as they are an intolerable bunch of jingoistic blowhards when they sniff achievement... something also usually applied to US sportsmen. :laugh::bolt:

Yeah, you can't win, but at least Price failed to win a cap for tonight's game.  :smile:  

• Like 1

USA!  USA!  :tongue:

It's underway...:7up:

Three minutes in and the American side already looking less than artful in its play, lol

Edited by goose

• The topic was unpinned