The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

More Polish Cup, Wisla 2 Puszcza 2 (pen 6-5)  :heart:  White Star too much for leader of 1 Liga. 

Another squeaker, eh? Getting your zloty`s worth at the moment, aren`t you! :wacko:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Another squeaker, eh? Getting your zloty`s worth at the moment, aren`t you! :wacko:

If we get another home game in the next round against, let's say, Legia, there'll be a lot more of that gold stuff in the club's safe. That's how I should think about this, because obviously we're not winning the whole thing. 

• Like 1

I get very little enjoyment from this kind of pointless, impotent display from Spurs. I get the idea of sitting back and playing on the counter, but they haven`t played on the counter.

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I didn't know you could play an advantage after an offside. :blink: Ekstraklasa didn't get the memo, I can tell you.  

Ekstraklasa has no games at Old Trafford. :angry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

If we get another home game in the next round against, let's say, Legia, there'll be a lot more of that gold stuff in the club's safe. That's how I should think about this, because obviously we're not winning the whole thing. 

Maybe Daniel Levy could put your post on the side of the stadium; everything after "Legia" really speaks directly to the heart of Spurs. :laugh:

• Like 1

Maybe Daniel Levy could put your post on the side of the stadium; everything after "Legia" really speaks directly to the heart of Spurs. :laugh:

Their colors are white/black/green...really should be brown. :moon: Does that apply to anyone in the PL? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Thanks West Ham for the sparring practice today! And what's up with rampant Spurs?

It's been said before, but it's worth repeating, what a f*****g wanker Cristiano Ronaldo is.

He did go to Poland to see a kid with cancer, who wanted to meet his idol. The boy died a week later. But yeah, the negatives around Ronaldo outweigh the positives. 

9 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

He did go to Poland to see a kid with cancer, who wanted to meet his idol. The boy died a week later. But yeah, the negatives around Ronaldo outweigh the positives. 

Are you saying... his idol was unavailable and Ronaldo went? He killed this child? Infected him? Or that he`s an all round good egg? :confused:

• Like 1

Are you saying... his idol was unavailable and Ronaldo went? He killed this child? Infected him? Or that he`s an all round good egg? :confused:

I think his beautician was on vacation, so he went.  :coy:

• Like 1

The little Polish lad playing right back for Villa will consider himself unlucky to have had a penalty awarded against him tonight in the Fulham match. On the upside, he should soon have the career-lift that comes with the appointment of a new manager. 

• Like 1

The little Polish lad playing right back for Villa will consider himself unlucky to have had a penalty awarded against him tonight in the Fulham match. On the upside, he should soon have the career-lift that comes with the appointment of a new manager. 

I'm just glad his injury wasn't major and he's back in action. God knows we need him in Qatar. 

• Like 2

I don`t think Jesse Marsch needs to worry too much about househunting in the Leeds area. He seems to have got Leeds playing in that extraordinary way that must drive a manager mad - they are conceding quite soft goals, whilst creating great chances that they never succeed in converting. They seem to be in every game, but the scoreline always reads 2-0 to the opposition. :mellow:

17 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t think Jesse Marsch needs to worry too much about househunting in the Leeds area. He seems to have got Leeds playing in that extraordinary way that must drive a manager mad - they are conceding quite soft goals, whilst creating great chances that they never succeed in converting. They seem to be in every game, but the scoreline always reads 2-0 to the opposition. :mellow:

Maybe he takes over the USMNT after we crash and burn in Qatar.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Gerrard - "I won`t quit". Villa board - "Have it your way". :laugh:

Maybe Stevie G and Liz Truss can chat whilst standing on line at the dole office.

Maybe this will put paid to the "Gerrard to succeed Klopp" talk.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe Stevie G and Liz Truss can chat whilst standing on line at the dole office.

Maybe this will put paid to the "Gerrard to succeed Klopp" talk.

Mick Beale is currently getting the number of Graham Potter`s stylist, in preparation for the call from FSG. 

• The topic was unpinned