The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Okay lads, it`s 3-2, let`s all calm down and just grab the points against the bottom side. This could matter in May! :yes:

No crying on the floor of a boxing ring tonight.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Cracovia 1 Pogon 1 :rolleyes: I know we were going up against one of the top teams in Ekstraklasa ( oh, woe is me ) but we only started attacking after falling behind, with quick and desired effects, I might add. The fear of taking a risk throughout the game quite probably cost us two points and a higher place in the standings going into the break. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Cracovia 1 Pogon 1 :rolleyes: I know we were going up against one of the top teams in Ekstraklasa ( oh, woe is me ) but we only started attacking after falling behind, with quick and desired effects, I might add. The fear of taking a risk throughout the game quite probably cost us two points and a higher place in the standings going into the break. 

Still, a point`s a point. If your adversary was worthy of you, then it`s something to build on. :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

I don`t doubt that there will be an element whom post here that are looking to make some grand conclusions from Barcelona heading the La Liga table, and Bayern currently having a relative slump in form, as they sit in 4th place. :wave:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Brentford, you are suspended from league action for two weeks. Now go and think about what you`ve done. :bitchslap:

They couldn't help themselves. They were wearing Cracovia uniforms. I could've done without that Jesus dance, though.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t doubt that there will be an element whom post here that are looking to make some grand conclusions from Barcelona heading the La Liga table, and Bayern currently having a relative slump in form, as they sit in 4th place. :wave:

Gikiewicz was on fire. :notworthy: Even the great sniper Neuer couldn't find the answer. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

They couldn't help themselves. They were wearing Cracovia uniforms. I could've done without that Jesus dance, though.  :facepalm:

It`s celebrations like that which really confirm all the negative feelings I feel toward that particular side. I would be desperately disappointed if it were one of my own too. What`s wrong with a kiss, boy? :yes:

• Like 1

Football-observatory.com came up with a ranking of PL teams that overpaid for their players the most in the last decade: 1) Man U - +238M pounds, 2) Aston Villa - +149, 3) Chelsea - +135, 4) Arsenal +129, 5) Everton +97, 6) Newcastle +76, 7) Leicester +74, 8) Southampton +70, 9) Liverpool +56, 10) West Ham +55, 11) Bournemouth +52, 12) Crystal Palace +50, 13) Fulham +45, 14) Nottingham Forest +38, 15) Brentford +37, 16) Leeds +36, 17) Man City +23, 18) Brighton & Hove -1, 19) Tottenham -6, 20) Wolverhampton -21. For the two gentlemen here, Spurs (41 transfers) total invested 951M, total estimated 957M, and Liverpool (33 transfers) total invested 1004M, total estimated 948M.  

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned