The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

3 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

There may be times when soccer is actually worth watching...

That's more action than you'll see in a football, basketball or baseball game.  :zzz:

Edited by blackhawkrush
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Liverpool . . . sigh . . . (and not the dreamy wistful sigh of teenager seeing a heartthrob, but the heavy mournful sigh of a middle aged man too emotionally invested in sport)

So, is that like the noise I make when I get out of a low chair? If I was in the States, there`s no way I`d support a PL side. I`d pick a top side from mainland Europe where the jeopardy is so much less. PL matches are just too hard these days - the rising (financial) tide has indeed raised all boats. :fistscrying:

But don`t pretend you`re not happy with matching Brentford`s start to the season, and having the same number of wins as Bournemouth. :bolt:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

So, is that like the noise I make when I get out of a low chair? If I was in the States, there`s no way I`d support a PL side. I`d pick a top side from mainland Europe where the jeopardy is so much less. PL matches are just too hard these days - the rising (financial) tide has indeed raised all boats. :fistscrying:

But don`t pretend you`re not happy with matching Brentford`s start to the season, and having the same number of wins as Bournemouth. :bolt:

When do we get the "unhappy face" emojii as a reaction to a post?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

When do we get the "unhappy face" emojii as a reaction to a post?

Ten more league games before the World Cup - you`ll be at the very worst 4th, possibly 3rd, but almost certainly 2nd by then. :yes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

But don`t pretend you`re not happy with matching Brentford`s start to the season

I guess now you'll have to be happy with matching Man City's start to t . . . oh, wait, that's not really much of a taunt, is it? Damn, this banter business is hard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I guess now you'll have to be happy with matching Man City's start to t . . . oh, wait, that's not really much of a taunt, is it? Damn, this banter business is hard.

Never fear Nova, we have City at home next Saturday and that should put our equal-point status in a very real, very frightening perspective. :huh:

• Like 1

Cracovia 3 Rakow 0 :atickhum:Where did this come from? Part of the answer lies with the goalkeeper Kovacevic, rumored to be leaving for Benfica for 7 million euros, having a bad night. Even Lewandowski didn't go to Borussia for that much. Rakow should take the money and run. 

• Like 1

I hadn`t followed all yesterday`s afternoon games as closely as I sometimes do, so watched highlights this morning. I hate to be someone that goes on about referees... but some of the decisions were much worse than before VAR existed. They`ve somehow found another guy who`s got it all wrong to advise the first guy, who at least got it wrong in real-time speed. To get those decisions, with the benefit of viewng the action numerous times, we have to realise that we are dealing with some unusual people. The only person I ever knew that ever went into refereeing was the kid that wore his mum`s underwear to school. :facepalm:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chicken hawk said:

Go Patriots.....they start fr real Tomorrow.    :wave:

I don`t know how to do gifs but if I did, I`d pick Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers pointing at YOU! :spacecraft:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I don`t know how to do gifs but if I did, I`d pick Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers pointing at YOU! :spacecraft:

Let's not upset her, or we'll get the great big neon letters next time.  :unsure:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blackfield & Langley goalkeeper, Connor Maseko penalized with a red card for urinating in the hedge behind the goal during a first round F.A. Cup tie against Shepton Mallet. No, I didn't see the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Blackfield & Langley goalkeeper, Connor Maseko penalized with a red card for urinating in the hedge behind the goal during a first round F.A. Cup tie against Shepton Mallet. No, I didn't see the game. 

The rule violation was "returning to the field of play without allowing the fourth offiicial to check his equipment". :bolt:

• Like 1

Four ex-Arsenal players in the Marseille side (Alexis Sanchez will be absent, but still...). Add this to their 1992 European Cup fraud and let`s not forget what they put Popeye Doyle through in French Connection II. :blast:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Four ex-Arsenal players in the Marseille side (Alexis Sanchez will be absent, but still...). Add this to their 1992 European Cup fraud and let`s not forget what they put Popeye Doyle through in French Connection II. :blast:

That's what I call grudges. It's all right, France knocked out of volleyball Worlds at the quarterfinal stage by...Italy. :cheer: :pizza: :cheer:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned