The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Man alive. I was going to post about Ryan Giggs being a piece of crap, but then I read about Benjamin Mendy raping women in a panic room at his mansion. We don`t really have a suitable emoji for these guys, do we?

Edited by IbanezJem

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Man alive. I was going to post about Ryan Giggs being a piece of crap, but then I read about Benjamin Mendy raping women in a panic room at his mansion. We don`t really a suitable emoji for these guys, do we?

I am shocked. Mendy is a practicing Muslim...oh. 

10 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I am shocked. Mendy is a practicing 

I'm not sure he's quite getting the hang of it, Islam and the teachings of the prophet. 72 virgins are after you've lived a good life if I remember my Qu'ran correctly (talk about a preachy book).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I'm not sure he's quite getting the hang of it, Islam and the teachings of the prophet. 72 virgins are after you've lived a good life if I remember my Qu'ran correctly (talk about a preachy book).

I think that's 73. :tongue: What the hell, he doesn't come here anyway, right? 

27 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I think that's 73. :tongue: What the hell, he doesn't come here anyway, right? 

I wasn't sure, thought it might be 73... I wondered if he had an alert set up for that number and if that would get him to post in a soccer thread. It also seemed like dragging him into this thread under these circumstances might result in the issuing of a fatwa. :pirate:

• Like 1

I wasn't sure, thought it might be 73... I wondered if he had an alert set up for that number and if that would get him to post in a soccer thread. It also seemed like dragging him into this thread under these circumstances might result in the issuing of a fatwa. :pirate:

He can't make it any worse for me, I live in Chicago. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

He can't make it any worse for me, I live in Chicago. :rolleyes:

You always paint Chicago in such a positive light, like Capone`s still mowing down people in the streets. :wub: I wonder if I would actually last ten minutes? 

• Like 1

You always paint Chicago in such a positive light, like Capone`s still mowing down people in the streets. :wub: I wonder if I would actually last ten minutes? 

Not with the cops disarmed, no. They have that law in Scotland too, right?  :scared:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Not with the cops disarmed, no. They have that law in Scotland too, right?  :scared:

I have zero interest in investigating the matter first hand. Glasgow smiles and kisses are not what I thought they were. :hockey2:

• Like 1

Joachim Andersen: Crystal Palace defender reports messages of abuse to police after Darwin Nunez red card

Nova, do we have to have a talk again about using Twitter straight after a game? :wagfinger:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joachim Andersen: Crystal Palace defender reports messages of abuse to police after Darwin Nunez red card

Nova, do we have to have a talk again about using Twitter straight after a game? :wagfinger:

Unfortunately, nowadays you have to get in line if you want to complain about that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Unfortunately, nowadays you have to get in line if you want to complain about that sort of thing. 

I`m not sure exactly why Anderson would be to blame. That aside, a proper headbutt is to the forehead and unless it`s that, I doubt that it hurts very much - better than a filthy tackle that the ref and VAR miss.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

What was it Tuchel said, "The game got to me . . ."

Edited by Nova Carmina
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I`m not sure exactly why Anderson would be to blame. That aside, a proper headbutt is to the forehead and unless it`s that, I doubt that it hurts very much - better than a filthy tackle that the ref and VAR miss.

I'm not sure Nunez could have reached Andersen's forehead, unless maybe he was standing on Raheem Sterling.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

"It vas a hearty handshake, und you vill enjoy".  :fistbump:  

No look passes, no look handshakes... it`s a natural evolution. Get with the times, man. :smoke:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned