The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Xhaka, yellow card, Albanian mafia, bookies  :wacko: I wonder if he got anything for missing a penalty against Poland at EURO 2016. 

There is no offence, crime, transgression or misdemeanour that I would discount as beneath him, when applied to everyone Arsenal player ever Xhaka. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

There is no offence, crime, transgression or misdemeanour that I would discount as beneath him, when applied to everyone Arsenal player ever Xhaka. :rolleyes:

Are there any friendships between PL teams? I'm talking about fanbases. For instance, Wisla fans are friends with Ruch and Widzew fans...at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Are there any friendships between PL teams? I'm talking about fanbases. For instance, Wisla fans are friends with Ruch and Widzew fans...at the moment. 

The problem is everywhere is so damned close. Poland`s bigger than England by about 1.3x - but you could drive for fewer than 80 miles and see Liverpool, Everton, both Manchester clubs, and Leeds. And pass about ten more league clubs on the way. London has 17 sides, all within a matter of miles. There are some uneasy alliances, where there is a bigger enemy two clubs hate, but there aren`t many "friendships" I can think of. Just a lot of hate. Every PL London club has Spurs as their most hated club. It`s anti-semitism! They are real noses! :fistscrying:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

The problem is everywhere is so damned close. Poland`s bigger than England by about 1.3x - but you could drive for fewer than 80 miles and see Liverpool, Everton, both Manchester clubs, and Leeds. And pass about ten more league clubs on the way. London has 17 sides, all within a matter of miles. There are some uneasy alliances, where there is a bigger enemy two clubs hate, but there aren`t many "friendships" I can think of. Just a lot of hate. Every PL London club has Spurs as their most hated club. It`s anti-semitism! They are real noses! :fistscrying:

Now that I think about it, some clubs look outside their borders to find soulmates, don't they?  :wub:

• Like 1

Steve McManaman says "Real Madrid have to deal with people questioning their age and if they can keep up, but they churn out performances that are absolutely exemplarily every time."

I might substitute the words Real Madrid for Simon and use that on a CV. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Steve McManaman says "Real Madrid have to deal with people questioning their age and if they can keep up, but they churn out performances that are absolutely exemplarily every time."

I might substitute the words Real Madrid for Simon and use that on a CV. :thumbsup:

I also marvel at their ability to be in the mix in Europe year after year. :wacko:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

White vs Hamilton, trying to get to British Open proper. It's a regular Moe vs Larry battle.  :poke:  Even the referee looks like Curly. 

Larry with the sweep. Not unexpected. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Or, GKS Tychy 3 Wisla 1 :rolleyes: Apparently, there's been too much winning in Krakow. 

That`s no good. It was all going so swimmingly. :facepalm: Hope your change of fortune doesn`t reach the good part of North London. :no:

• Like 1

That`s no good. It was all going so swimmingly. :facepalm: Hope your change of fortune doesn`t reach the good part of North London. :no:

First it has to reach Bayern, so you should be all right...unless it was to happen through the power of TRF?  :scared:  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

First it has to reach Bayern, so you should be all right...unless it was to happen through the power of TRF?  :scared:  

How are we in the Calais area? My gut feeling is under represented. I`m sure there`s a heavy contingent of Walloons and Flemish (merchants). :thumbsup:

• Like 1

How are we in the Calais area? My gut feeling is under represented. I`m sure there`s a heavy contingent of Walloons and Flemish (merchants). :thumbsup:

Non, je ne regrette rien :whipgirl:

• Like 1

Oh, I do love having Romero at my club (pulling Cucerella to the ground via his hair was just so blatant I laughed out loud). :wub:  He`s an icon to fans of shithousery all over the world. Obviously I`d back Conte in a simple scrap, as I think Tuchel looks like he has legs of glass... ironically, if they chose a hair pulling contest, it`d be the thinning-Tuchel who would have the most to grab at for longest, despite what old photos of Conte might suggest. :sleep:

• Like 2

And of course I was surprised that Spurs first goal was allowed as it looked like Richarlison was affecting Mendy`s view. Oh, and I was surprised that the second goal was allowed because of the hair-pulling incident.

Other than the two goals, and Chelsea`s superiority across the pitch, it was a perfectly fair result.  :bolt:

• Haha 1

Oh, I do love having Romero at my club (pulling Cucerella to the ground via his hair was just so blatant I laughed out loud). :wub:  He`s an icon to fans of shithousery all over the world. Obviously I`d back Conte in a simple scrap, as I think Tuchel looks like he has legs of glass... ironically, if they chose a hair pulling contest, it`d be the thinning-Tuchel who would have the most to grab at for longest, despite what old photos of Conte might suggest. :sleep:

Pillow fight as the rubber match, then?  :coy: :coy:  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Pillow fight as the rubber match, then?  :coy: :coy:  

That`s the only kind of sport that BBC have the rights to. They`ll make a season out of it. :drool:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned