The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

Stupid Frankfurt. Don`t go winning the Europa League and have Real in the Super Cup in a few days if you`re going to start your season with a 1-6 defeat to Bayern. I bet Munchen were so inventive and unpredictable without that pesky Pole stinking up the joint with his 344 goals from 375 games. :glare:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Stupid Frankfurt. Don`t go winning the Europa League and have Real in the Super Cup in a few days if you`re going to start your season with a 1-6 defeat to Bayern. I bet Munchen were so inventive and unpredictable without that pesky Pole stinking up the joint with his 344 goals from 375 games. :glare:

Eintracht was very trash-talkie before the game: "Mane who?"  :tongue:

• Like 1

Who`s Top? Well, well, well! Same every season - Robert, shall I say it? Shall I?  Everyone should worry, as one year we`ll remember the idea is to stay there, then another year, we`ll do it. :tongue: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Who`s Top? Well, well, well! Same every season - Robert, shall I say it? Shall I?  Everyone should worry, as one year we`ll remember the idea is to stay there, then another year, we`ll do it. :tongue: 

Terrible way to treat golf enthusiasts and poor Bednarek. :wagfinger:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Terrible way to treat golf enthusiasts and poor Bednarek. :wagfinger:

Bednarek had the best seat in the house to enjoy the comedy stylings of his defensive partner Salisu, so he still had a fun afternoon. :laugh:

• Like 1

The decline of Dele Alli is one of the saddest sporting drops in form that I can think of. :facepalm: If he doesn`t improve, he won`t get to the 20 Everton appearances Spurs need for the first payment of £10m.

• Like 1

Bednarek had the best seat in the house to enjoy the comedy stylings of his defensive partner Salisu, so he still had a fun afternoon. :laugh:

Definitely a change from Glik partnership. Bednarek had three clearances and two pick-offs, so it wasn't a total waste but...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Definitely a change from Glik partnership. Bednarek had three clearances and two pick-offs, so it wasn't a total waste but...

And the stadium looked great in the midsummer afternoon`s sun. I say, anyone for Tennis? :sundog:

• Like 1

And the stadium looked great in the midsummer afternoon`s sun. I say, anyone for Tennis? :sundog:

How about canoe sprints? So far, Poland with two golds and a silver at the world championships. :aliendance:

• Like 1

Next weekend it will be the season start in Italy. I think I'm going ba... not bald... back to reading Atalanta live scores instead of paying 30 euros a month for a pay tv I would hardly have time watching. I work in two shifts, may get to taking bass lessons with a new teacher every two weeks and start going to the gym twice a week. As you can see, my thoughts are divided into two. I'd love to have more time to watch every match but I'd need two lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sun & Moon said:

Next weekend it will be the season start in Italy. I think I'm going ba... not bald... back to reading Atalanta live scores instead of paying 30 euros a month for a pay tv I would hardly have time watching. I work in two shifts, may get to taking bass lessons with a new teacher every two weeks and start going to the gym twice a week. As you can see, my thoughts are divided into two. I'd love to have more time to watch every match but I'd need two lives.

Even I have cut down on my various subscriptions - I watched one of them so rarely, even though I have bags of time and the games were perfectly attractive.  Atalanta look a little weaker to me this season. Any chance of them reclaiming their rightful fourth place?

Oh, and I keep meaning to apologise for stealing Christian Romero. He really is the best centre-half Spurs have had for twenty years and I fully expect Liverpool, City, Real or Barca to buy him in a year or two for £100m+. 

• Like 2

Don`t be afraid to shout about Wisla being top of the second tier. Nobody here will know the difference. :cool: 

And even less people will be aware of the fact that Ruch cannot win tomorrow in order for Wisla to keep first place. 

42 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Even I have cut down on my various subscriptions - I watched one of them so rarely, even though I have bags of time and the games were perfectly attractive.  Atalanta look a little weaker to me this season. Any chance of them reclaiming their rightful fourth place?

Oh, and I keep meaning to apologise for stealing Christian Romero. He really is the best centre-half Spurs have had for twenty years and I fully expect Liverpool, City, Real or Barca to buy him in a year or two for £100m+. 

A new season always holds a great possibility of disappointments. :biggrin:

:biggrin: We could have had use for Romero (or the money), I admit, but to be honest I haven't devoted a thought to him since he left because we know what to do. You see, Atalanta has a long history of buying very affordable players and finishing (lower) mid-table. :wink: 

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sun & Moon said:

A new season always holds a great possibility of disappointments. :biggrin:

:biggrin: We could have had use for Romero (or the money), I admit, but to be honest I haven't devoted a thought to him since he left because we know what to do. You see, Atalanta has a long history of buying very affordable players and finishing (lower) mid-table. :wink: 

Ahhhh, I remember when Spurs used to be all those things. :yes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Ahhhh, I remember when Spurs used to be all those things. :yes:

:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I know it was only a Mexican team, but Lewandowski looked good today. The goal and the assist on the fourth goal, magical. :notworthy:

If he succeeds in Barcelona - which seems probable - he`ll receive more love than he ever did at Bayern, that`s for sure.

• Like 1

If he succeeds in Barcelona - which seems probable - he`ll receive more love than he ever did at Bayern, that`s for sure.

:goodone: " Mr. Fawlty, I love you. I love you" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IbanezJem said:

Since I come here from Munich, leaving my five mothers and four aunties... :bitchslap:

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, IbanezJem said:

Don`t be afraid to shout about Wisla being top of the second tier. Nobody here will know the difference. :cool: 

Stal Rzeszow 2 Ruch Chorzow 3  :thumbsdown: I think Nova Carmina was also waiting for this result. Wisla drops to second place. Another chance to take the lead tomorrow....

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned