Rush Retrospective 3 Box Set Special

Time Stood Still

Does anyone remember the Rush Retrospective 3 Box Set Special that originally aired in March 2009 and does anybody have a recording of it? The special consisted of Geddy explaining stuff about certain songs and music videos the band made, even ones that weren't on Retrospective 3, I've only seen the special once on YouTube in 2018 before the channel that had uploaded it was terminated. I just really want to see it again.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:14 AM, Time Stood Still said:

Does anyone remember the Rush Retrospective 3 Box Set Special that originally aired in March 2009 and does anybody have a recording of it? The special consisted of Geddy explaining stuff about certain songs and music videos the band made, even ones that weren't on Retrospective 3, I've only seen the special once on YouTube in 2018 before the channel that had uploaded it was terminated. I just really want to see it again.

Would that have been on VH1 Classic? I think I recall seeing it but if it wasn't on that it's unlikely I did.

2 hours ago, ytserush said:

Would that have been on VH1 Classic? I think I recall seeing it but if it wasn't on that it's unlikely I did.

Yes it was on VH1 Classic.

I've got it. There was the one I think you're talking about where it's just Geddy mostly talking about their videos and there's another VH1 special that had both Alex and Geddy on it talking a bit about their history, short clips just bookending videos. Can't remember what that was for (maybe around R30?) but they both aired on VH1 in the 2000s. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, snowdog2112 said:

I've got it. There was the one I think you're talking about where it's just Geddy mostly talking about their videos and there's another VH1 special that had both Alex and Geddy on it talking a bit about their history, short clips just bookending videos. Can't remember what that was for (maybe around R30?) but they both aired on VH1 in the 2000s. 

Is there by any chance a way for you to upload the footage of the special? 

14 hours ago, Time Stood Still said:

Is there by any chance a way for you to upload the footage of the special? 

I'd be happy to try, I have an old Rush rarities youtube channel that I haven't uploaded anything to in many years, but VH1 stuff seems to get blocked immediately. I'll try it later today and send you a link if it works, if it doesn't work I'll try to get it to you directly somehow. I've got to find it first but that shouldn't be too hard. I've got whole hard drives full of just Rush stuff. Bear with me and I'll update you soon.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:27 PM, snowdog2112 said:

Here you go. I got a warning that it has copyrighted material, so it might not stay up long.

Geddy Lee History of Rush 2009 - YouTube

I was too late, the video's privated. 

7 minutes ago, snowdog2112 said:

Try it once again

It works, I have a suggestion, maybe you could make it unlisted, that way it can be harder for it to be copyright struck. 

52 minutes ago, snowdog2112 said:

True, but you can also just go a to a simple YouTube downloader and save it if you'd like.

Which ones, cause I only have my phone to use and I don't want it to catch a virus. 

Edit: Nevermind, I already downloaded it, everything's fine.

Edited by Time Stood Still

snowdog2112, you are a master finder of great stuff! When Time Stood Still first asked above, I thought of the audio box set(s) with the name Retrospective and passed on by. Of course, I missed the "aired" bit.

I never thought much of RUSH videos. Posters and album covers and tour books, yes. Videos, no. Never a big MTV or music media fan in general, what I did see of their videos was underwhelming, or weird to me. Not polished like little movies as so many music videos were.

This recording explains so much about the videos. I have watched some that came with recent 40th anniversary releases, only Driven really caught my attention. Now finding and watching the 1991 movie Delicatessen is my new side project! I noticed "Christ" was edited out of the broadcast during the discussion of The Pass video. Goodness, how times have changed in over thirty years since.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane. I think I will find a new interest in Rush music videos and the names and artists and producers behind them.

• Like 1