Is anyone interested in the new Ozzy album featuring Tony Iommi, Jeff Beck, Clapton and Wylde?

treeduck

Ozzy's newer music has been bad for a while now. His last album was an absolute embarrassment. I haven't heard the song with Iommi yet but Patient Number 9 is better than anything on the last album. It's nice to see that Ozzy remembered why he became so successful again. It's because he surrounded himself with good song writers. It looks like they're might be hope for this album.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Ozzy's newer music has been bad for a while now. His last album was an absolute embarrassment. I haven't heard the song with Iommi yet but Patient Number 9 is better than anything on the last album. It's nice to see that Ozzy remembered why he became so successful again. It's because he surrounded himself with good song writers. It looks like they're might be hope for this album.

I've heard them both, the title track is pretty good and the Iommi one is a little bit better and a bit more Sabbathy with Iommi playing all the guitars.

• Like 2

I remember walking to the record store in mid-winter to buy 'Bark at the Moon', almost losing an ear in the process because of the cold and my hatred for hats. Perhaps another sacrifice is in order, but let's hear the full album first. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

I remember walking to the record store in mid-winter to buy 'Bark at the Moon', almost losing an ear in the process because of the cold and my hatred for hats. Perhaps another sacrifice is in order, but let's hear the full album first. 

Why didn`t you walk in circles, thus spreading the cold/heat across both ears? :confused:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Why didn`t you walk in circles, thus spreading the cold/heat across both ears? :confused:

I've been a bloody fool :gumby: but the handkerchief should've helped. :banghead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I remember seeing them on Top of the Pops just after the album came out. There's unfortunately no footage on youtube though!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I remember seeing them on Top of the Pops just after the album came out. There's unfortunately no footage on youtube though!

Instead here's Ozzy on another UK TV show in Feb 1986, playing live:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Instead here's Ozzy on another UK TV show in Feb 1986, playing live:

Interesting choice, to start with the last track on the album, but it was a big hit as I remember. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Interesting choice, to start with the last track on the album, but it was a big hit as I remember. 

On the tour they opened with Bark at the Moon. I saw both nights at the Apollo in Manchester. I was downstairs on the first night and upstairs on the second. Ratt was the support act both nights.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Ratt was the support act both nights.

Well, there you go. That's where Ozzy went wrong, although I do have a soft spot for the popcorn metal. I even bought a few of Ratt albums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Well, there you go. That's where Ozzy went wrong, although I do have a soft spot for the popcorn metal. I even bought a few of Ratt albums. 

In those days Ozzy was going for the glam look himself with the black eyeliner and the glitter outfits and blonde teased mother-in-law hairstyle. And he did most of the Bark at the Moon tour with Motley Crue so it makes sense from that standpoint that he tour with Ratt. Plus Jake E Lee used to be in Ratt.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 12:01 AM, treeduck said:

On the tour they opened with Bark at the Moon. I saw both nights at the Apollo in Manchester. I was downstairs on the first night and upstairs on the second. Ratt was the support act both nights.

Saw one night. Those were the days.

• Like 1