It would be Dio's 80th birthday today

In celebration of Dio's 80th birthday, there's a reissue of Holy Diver, with a few demos and live tracks. I Interviewed Vinnie Appice, from Dio's band, and we spoke about it: https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-vinnie-appice/

Also, there are lots of cool Sabbath information on the interview. Hope you like it!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm not sure he would have made it to 80. That's a tough age for anyone to make it to. Especially a rock star.

Clearly he DIDN'T make it to 80. But I'm curious to find out what your thoughts are on my interview.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:13 PM, J2112YYZ said:

I'm not sure he would have made it to 80. That's a tough age for anyone to make it to. Especially a rock star.

He didn't.

I saw his second to last show ever on Black Sabbath's (because the same 4 guys toured for Heaven and Hell, and recorded Mob Rules and Dehumanizer) The Devil You Know Tour.  It was fun to see him, and they put on a great show, but his voice was rough.   But I don't think Ronnie ever lived the Ozzy-Nikki Sixx-Steve Tyler lifestyle.

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

He didn't.

I saw his second to last show ever on Black Sabbath's (because the same 4 guys toured for Heaven and Hell, and recorded Mob Rules and Dehumanizer) The Devil You Know Tour.  It was fun to see him, and they put on a great show, but his voice was rough.   But I don't think Ronnie ever lived the Ozzy-Nikki Sixx-Steve Tyler lifestyle.

Obviously, he didn't make it to 80. I'm just thinking if he didn't have cancer or managed to survive it, that making it to that age would have been tough.