RIP, Tony Sirico, 79, The Sopranos` Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri

IbanezJem

Tony Sirico was a one-off as far as I`m concerned. Turns out he was playing only a slightly modified version of his true self on the show, which makes sense with his pre-acting life involving 28 arrests and two stretches in prison. Some of my favourite scenes in The Sopranos were those with him and Chris; Pine Barrens of course, and when they shoot the waiter in the car park when he confronts them about the tip. RIP.

• Like 3

RIP, Tony Sirico.   :rose:  Boy, was Paulie Walnuts a character.  The Sopranos scene that always sticks with me is when he suffocates his mom's friend in her home with a pillow because she caught him stealing her shoebox or whatever stash of money.  Always something to watch with him!  The Pine Barrens episode was a stone cold classic, though! 

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Just started watching the Sopranos earlier this year. The show ended when i was really young so I never watched it when it was airing, but now that I'm older i've been streaming it and it's really a great show. Tony was one of the best actors in the show imo. Shame that he's passed. Rest in peace.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueschica said:

RIP, Tony Sirico.   :rose:  Boy, was Paulie Walnuts a character.  The Sopranos scene that always sticks with me is when he suffocates his mom's friend in her home with a pillow because she caught him stealing her shoebox or whatever stash of money.  Always something to watch with him!  The Pine Barrens episode was a stone cold classic, though! 

Oh yes, that was pretty brutal. But she was a bit of a ratbag. :glare: Paulie shooting his carpet-shoe in Pine Barrens is one of the funniest moments of the entire run.

• Like 2