Provided no other accusations become known, when will, and when should Deshaun Watson play his next game?

Well?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. When will Deshaun Watson play his next NFL game?

• week 1
    • week 5 (4 game suspension)
    • week 7 (6 game suspension)
    • week 10 (half season suspension)
    • 2023 (full season suspension)
    • Never
  2. 2. When SHOULD Deshaun Watson play his next NFL game?

• week1
    • week 5
    • week 7
    • week 10
    • never

Not sure I could defend my picks, but the settlement probably means the NFL feels it's being taken care of, and while the guy obviously has a problem, there are no criminal charges, so that's not an issue.

It would be nice if they banned him for a year, to send the basic message "do not be an lecherous asshat" but, I dunno, the NFL, man.

2023.  Not so much for DeShaun's sake, I just want to see Cleveland drop the brown after the comedy of The Baker Mayfield Show.

Probably should and maybe will if possible add "provided no further accusations become known".

• The title was changed to Provided no other accusations become known, when will, and when should Deshaun Watson play his next game?

I voted 4 games and shouldn't be suspended at all. 4 games because the league is weak on this type of stuff and will cave to public pressure. But without explicit and accurate details I can't say for sure that what he did warrants being suspended at all.

I

The No Fun League is flirting with disaster as per usual and will likely come out unscathed. The Watson and Washington sagas will pass without  much ado and will get settled out of court with a whack on the pee pee.

It's all a money grab. He says she says stuff.

I hope change will be made so that there is a more stringent policy for punishment. I'm not holding my breath.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:14 PM, Nova Carmina said:

He says, twenty-four shes say . . . 

No kidding.  The standards for outrage, intolerance of abuse, and retribution via cancellation are absurdly fluid.

6 games, what a f***ing joke.  Hopefully the league will add at least 11 to that.

And f**k the Browns for trading for that asshole.

• Like 2

Why didn't any of the women press actual criminal charges?  ... a question that  needs to be answered. It's complicated and contrived. Heads are gonna roll and the league needs to be accountable. I can't see DW lasting too long.

I understand that people don't want to risk their livelihoods. Someone has to do the math and fess up. Done with this topic!

22 hours ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Why didn't any of the women press actual criminal charges?  ... a question that  needs to be answered. It's complicated and contrived. Heads are gonna roll and the league needs to be accountable. I can't see DW lasting too long.

I understand that people don't want to risk their livelihoods. Someone has to do the math and fess up. Done with this topic!

My understanding is that a grand jury declined to return an indictment against Watson.  I have no idea what evidence they heard though.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

So 2 more games than Brady got for allegedly instructing the equipment staff to slightly deflate a football?

I guess he should have gone with the "it wasn't that I sexually assaulted too many women, its that the rest of the league assaulted too few".

Sure, it would have been complete nonsense but apparently that's how you get away with only four games.

He could have also referred to the ones who lost a little too much weight and therefore were unattractive enough to cause him to settle for just the massage as the " deflators".

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

So 2 more games than Brady got for allegedly instructing the equipment staff to slightly deflate a football?

Brady never should have been suspended for that at all, as it was a simple equipment violation. But please don't act like he didn't do it. Don't be like one of these assholes on Twitter that starts quoting the Ideal Gas Law. 

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

11 games, $5 million fine.

That's bullshit.  Anything less than a year is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

11 games, $5 million fine.

That's garbage. He already sat a year. This was leaked by Houston ownership AFTER he requested a trade, meaning they knew while it was happening and did nothing.  I'm still not convinced anything non-consensual happened.  Meanwhile the team owners are getting off with nothing for far worse infractions. Absolute bullshit.

Would be hilarious if he pulled a groin or tore his hamstring first game back and the training staff all said  "We ain't touching that".